Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

The Crashing App

Hello folks in Londonworld,
I was wondering if I'm the only person that is having my Architect (v2.02) crash regularly when I try to do much of anything with a control panel... custom or default?

I'm working on several systems and 2 of them are totally acting a fool. Neither were created in an earlier version and it only happens on the machines that I am running the program on (not my machine @ home where I design). The home machine is just as stable as it could be but not connected to any Londons.

Y'all be good or have fun :)

Comments

• Options
    scott180scott180 Posts: 80
    I'm sitting here at a church where I was doing a training. They asked me to check one mic. I had problems connecting to the boxes and now I can't \"see\" the BLU-80. The software keeps crashing.

I get the warning about \"Can't connect to DSP1. Make sure the firewall is off\"

The firewall is off and I can't get it to work.

Any ideas?
  • Options
    rob birchrob birch Posts: 106
    I have had this happen due to the following:

I was also running system architect and the 'network sharing' was not enabled in both LA and SA.
    I have had the same IP Address on more than one device.
    I have had the same HiQnet address on two devices.
    My subnet was different between the network devices and the PC.

Please can you provide more details on number of devices and type on the network, what version of firmware you are running and whether you are running any managed switches that may have firewalls or VLans configured.

Cheers

Rob
  • Options
    ddhmddhm Posts: 7
    Hey Rob,
    Well, in one application of Londons I have 2 Blu 80s and 3 Blu 10s, connected by a managed switch that is set to be wide open. The Software is 2.02r2 (but this happened on 2.02r1 as well ( I just updated to r2).

On the other system, I have 2 freestanding sets of Londons. The first is and 80 and a 32. That system works fine. Never crashes. The 2nd has an 80 and a 10 all 4 are connected to a common managed switch that is set to be wide open. The software is also 2.02r2 here.

I'll have a look at the addresses of everything and see what the deal is there... but I don't think that any have the same ip address (99% sure). As far as the subnet address goes: I've not looked at that and will soon.

Thanks for the help there Rob and cheers back atcha!

I'm also gonna try to reinstall Architect ;)
  • Options
    Sometimes crashes in one application can be caused by another application installing an old or incorrect version of a system DLL in the Windows directory. You can use a virtual machine program like VirtualBox or VMware to set up a clean Windows install without risking your main install. Unless I need maximum speed, I usually run London Architect in a VirtualBox Windows machine on a Linux desktop.
This discussion has been closed.