Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Custom Meters?

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make (from scratch) custom meters?

I'd love to have some rounded meters (and a few other things).

So, if you've got any ideas, I'm open to hear them.

Be good or have fun!

Comments

• Options
    Yep,

Decide how many different colours (stages) you want.
    Make an illuminated and dark version of each colour.
    Import those images to the Gallery in LA.
    Create a Graphic Meter object on a Custom Control Panel.
    Assign the Gallery images you created to the Graphic Meter object.
    When you're done, select the object and Save Selection to Gallery.

You'll now find that meter object in your Gallery | Collections folder for ever more.....

Mart
  • Options
    ddhmddhm Posts: 7
    Well, that was WAY easier than I thought!!!
    Thanks for the heads up!

Be good or have fun ;)
  • Options
    ddhmddhm Posts: 7
    Man, I'd sure like to add to the next update wish list... More stages in a graphic meter. In making a round meter, You have to have each indicator have an offset relative to the previous one following a curve. That limits the number of steps to (ummm, I think) 8 and therefore the number of indicators to 8.

Unless there's something I'm missing here. Like perhaps using one meter to indicate the lower register and another for the upper?

Thanks for the input,
    Dan
  • Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    edited August 2008
    yeah... I guess I need to do a write-up one of these days explaining how to do this in London Architect, eh?

ringmeter1.gif

...or can you guys figure it out now that you know it's definitely possible?

Dan
  • Options
    ok..... I got bored.....

Image1.gif
  • Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    For everyone else, here's how it works. First, I assigned the meter state variable to a graphic rotary. On the graphic rotary, I used this first image as the \"Underneath Static Image\", so it just sits there.

I used the second image as the \"Rotary Image\". The left side of the image is transparent white. When the rotary spins to reflect the meter state, it covers and uncovers the underneath static image to show the curved meter.

First Image---> ring1.png Second Image---> cover1.png

I set the background color to match those two images. Here's what it looks like with the various colors changed so that you can see all of the parts.
    ringmeter2.gif

Dan
This discussion has been closed.