Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Soundweb Original
Options

Soundweb losing program

Twice in the last 3 months one of our 9088s has lost its program. While there is a UPS on the system, I am not aware if there was a lengthy power outage over the weekend, but it is possible when it came back up it had lost its program. I know I can just resend the program to unit and it will be back up and functioning, I just wondered whether it might either be the capacitor or the battery inside the unit that actually needs replacing now. Any other thoughts?

Andrew

Comments

• Options
    \amoyer\ wrote:
    I just wondered whether it might either be the capacitor or the battery inside the unit that actually needs replacing now.

No such thing. There is no battery inside Soundweb devices and the ram which maintains program memory doesn't require power to do so.

Dan
  • Options
    Right, now I remember, the capacitor was to do with the unit not powering up which is why they were replace on a couple of our units. Not sure why it is losing the program then. I'll have to investigate more when I get back to work.
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 37
    Are you sure the unit is actually \"losing it's memory\"? Just because the unit asks you to load the design doesn't necessarily mean it has lost the design currently in it's memory.

Another advice I may give is to replace the filter capacitors in the PSU while you're still at it. If you get a lot of rubbish on the power rails you may end up with some strange problems. Always use low ESR type capacitors as a replacement.

Chris
This discussion has been closed.