Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Logic Help

How do you make a led on a custom page come one with a logic statement? I am using a trigger meter to change a preset and want notification if this has happened.

Comments

• Options
    It sounds like you're looking for an indication that you're in a particular preset which as we all know can't be done because a preset is an event, not a state.... right?

Well, as an alternative, how about using a Counter Trigger.
    By default, one rising edge trigger on the input (ie from your meter trigger) and the output will stay High.

You'll have to think about some way to clear / reset this at some point otherwse it'll stay High forever.....
  • Options
    That was just an example. Maybe this is a better one. I have a logic device monitor tied to the falt on an itech and I want a graphic on a custom control panel to change if the amp goes into fault.
  • Options
    [Logic Object]-->[Logic End]

Drag the Logic End's default control panel graphic (the panel you see when you double click on the logic end) onto your LED or graphic indicator on your custom control panel (or drag it from the design tree if that's more familiar to you).
  • Options
    mupi2kmupi2k Posts: 40
    lots of things that \"can't be done\" in soundweb, can, in fact, be done (yes Dan, I can learn :) ).

If you need an indication of whether a preset has triggered, you can simply add a logic source to the parameter preset, and store whichever states you desire with the source on. If you have four presets, and four logic sources, you could indicate any of the four presets, if that's important.

Venue presets would be the same, just create logic sources in whatever state you want, and you'll have an indication of whether you are in that state or not. It might be a bit harder with a venue preset, because you'll have to remember to create the right sources for each preset. Using serial triggers and a loopback serial connector as Dan describes in his response to using a pushbutton and rotary selector to control gain, might work here too. (It would work above, but is far more complicated than necessary, and unless you WANT needless complexity, why bother? Plus it could slow your logic responses down slightly (although honestly... count to 200ms)

If what you need is an indicator that the preset *has* triggered at some point in the past (ie, you want to trigger a \"fault\" light/message on your panel) us a latch, as you describe. then you'll have a positive indication that an error occurred, even if it is not currently occurring. Add a button linked to a logic source linked to the reset port on the latch, and you can clear the error flag. Hide the button, or use a region button to make an invisible area of the control panel clickable, and you might be able to tell if someone has been abusing your system while you weren't around.

If all you need is an indicator that the fault is happening now, nitrogen's solution will work very well.

If your \"custom control panel\" happens to live on a crestron or similar controller, then none of that applies, and you'll need to send appropriately formatted serial data. (or better, subscribe to the logic end). But that's a topic probably best left alone, unless you have a LOT of time to devote to it, or a competent crestron programmer available.

As with most things SoundWeb, there's more than one way to skin a cat.
  • Options
    BounceBounce Posts: 2
    I tried the solution of dragging and dropping the logic end onto the LED, but all I get is \"The data currently on the clipboard cannot be pasted here\".

What am I doing wrong?

I'm trying to make it so I could possibly trigger a furman sequencer to turn on/off by the Blu-10
  • Options
    rob birchrob birch Posts: 106
    find the logic end in the design tree, expand it and drag the 'SV' onto the LED.

Or find the logic end in the device window, open it then drag the indicator on to the LED

You cannot select the logic end in the device window and copy it to the LED, it has to be the indicator (i.e. the SV)of the logic end.
  • Options
    \Bounce\ wrote:
    I tried the solution of dragging and dropping the logic end onto the LED, but all I get is \"The data currently on the clipboard cannot be pasted here\".

What am I doing wrong?

I'm trying to make it so I could possibly trigger a furman sequencer to turn on/off by the Blu-10

I do this on my Middle Atlantic sequencer. But I didn't connect the logic end to an LED, I connected the Logic end to the Logic Out port. Our sequencer uses separate \"up\" and \"down\" triggers, so I needed two ports. And since I didn't know what the current draw through the circuit might be, I wired them using \"reverse\" mode (Soundweb acts as a current sink rather than a current source; in this mode you are able to sink 60mA (as opposed to source about 10mA)). Also, as the MA product does not require the ports to be kept active, I use a Single Pulse Trigger so I am only sinking current for 200ms at a time, long enough for the MA product to recognize the pulse.

One other thing I did was connect an unused output port from the sequencer, back into the logic ports. If you connect THAT to an LED instead, your LED will indicate whether the sequencer is on, or (and) you can trigger additional logic steps (like muting or unmuting the system). In my case, I have two text indicators, one says \"Amps are off\" and one says \"Amps are On\" (less ambiguity that way, which is important to my application). I also was bored one day, so I tied some additional logic which prevents sending a pulse when the amps are already on (or off).

Anyway.... :)
  • Options
    find the logic end in the design tree, expand it and drag the 'SV' onto the LED.

Or find the logic end in the device window, open it then drag the indicator on to the LED

You cannot select the logic end in the device window and copy it to the LED, it has to be the indicator (i.e. the SV)of the logic end.

Pardon my ignorance, I'm usually pretty savy with computer stuff, and programming, but this has me bent. I tried both methods, the design tree method would not even let me drag. I'm using architect vr. 2.02 Release 3
  • Options
    \Bounce\ wrote:

Pardon my ignorance, I'm usually pretty savy with computer stuff, and programming, but this has me bent. I tried both methods, the design tree method would not even let me drag. I'm using architect vr. 2.02 Release 3

I usually find it easier to drag the \"SV\" as rob puts it. Open the logic end's default control panel. The Indicator on that panel is (or more accurately, represents) the SV you want. You can't drag the Logic End itself, you have to drag the indicator from the logic end. Drag it up onto the tab row, where all your panels are, drag to the tab with the panel you want on it, then drag over the LED you want. If its going to work, you should see the LED outline in Green (assuming you haven't changed the colors, if you have, it might be a different color, but it should still show an outline.)

Alternatively, you can also drag the indicator and drop it anywhere on the destination panel. Then open your gallery, and drag whichever LED you want onto the Big Rectangle default indicator, and it will transform into that style LED. Finally, position the LED where you want on the panel. Its arguably more steps that way, but it might be easier. I have done both, and it depends on what I am trying to do, I will use one method sometimes, and the other method other times. It depends on what I am doing, where my thought process is.

It occurs to me that we never asked, is this is PHYSICAL LED on a hard control panel, or SOFTWARE LED on a \"custom control panel\" within Soundweb? The answers we have all given are based on the assumption that you are trying to trigger a Software LED, but your response indicates possibly you are trying to connect to an actual physical LED.

PM me I can give you a couple of very simple sample files that you can experiment with, if you need more help than this.
  • Options
    I know it's bad form to post a reply to yourself, but for those who might be following this topic:

It turns out that Bounce was attempting a turn on a physical LED, not a custom control panel LED. With that little detail established, it wasn't difficult to walk him into the correct answer.

I just thought some of you might be interested in knowing!