Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Using a BLU-8 to control logic

I am trying to use the PIN pass code on a BLU-8 to control a logic output on a BLU-80. Specifically, I’m tiring to get a BLU-8 to control a power sequencer for the entire sound system (minus the BSS gear of course). I do not want any single button to be accidentally pushed by a user trying to make an adjustment nor do I want a passer by to know how to power the system?

Comments

• Options
    The PIN entry 'mode' of the BLU-8 is an internal function of the BLU-8 firmware only and does not pass anything useful down to a London box for use in the Logic system.

However, when in Single Zone or 8 Zone modes, the four buttons can be assigned to any SV, including Logic Sources.
    So in those modes, it would be possible to build up a conditional logic system to activate your power sequencer.

Don't forget that you'll need to implement some sort of reset logic (maybe on a timer) for those occasions where the 'power sequencer' code is input incorrectly.....

Hope this helps.

Martin