Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion BSS Archive General Discussion
Options

PS-8810 crash

I am a volunteer sound guy at my church and we have had an ongoing issue with our DSP.We use a PS-8810 and our system was a designed system by Ford Audio.We first lost the subs on Presets 1 and 2.We are now using preset 3 and at least do have subs,and a left and right main mix!Things sound prety good in the middle,but when you walk out to the left and right sides the vocals and some of the higher end of the keys sound sharp or extra bright.I also have one mic that is bleeding a lot of ambient noise,that leads me to believe the NOM Attenuation on that mic is not working.Now for my question.How do I find out what if any of the other presets are set to,or what parameters do they use??I know Ford custom built 1 and 2 for our building and I wonder how to get them back to the way they were installed.I have the manual and a lap top and cd but I am a little hesitant to hook it up as I really don’t know what I am looking for.Yes if money wasn’t tight we could call in a tech,but we are in the middle of planning this years budget and don’t have the funds now.I would really welcome ANY ideas you all might have.Our system does not use a PC to run it.We have CobraNet installed and that’s all I know about that.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    The PS8810 is based on a Crown USM series processor. It uses IQwic as its software interface. The way the hardware is configured, you can go online to the unit and syncronise from the network to your control PC and see what settings the unit is running.

Please be aware if you syncronise from the PC to the unit you will wipe the units settings.

As the unit has been configured to your venue, it would be best to review any documentation and system settings with the original integrator (Ford audio) and from what you have mentioned so far of the system it sounds like there is quite a bit of programming in place.

It would not be something i would want to do with no technical training or knowledge on the PS8810, especially if you are using it on a cobranet based system. Not without a good contingency plan on how to fix it when it all goes south!!

For Iqwic training, you may be best to speak to Dave Glass at Crown Audio, or contact Dan Lynch for further advice

Depending on the servicing you have had done on the system, you don't mention its age. Presets should not just 'stop working' (you mention losing subs on presets 1 and 2) one of the reasons why a signal processor may start losing 'memory' is due to its power supply needing a recondition. If the system is over 5 years old, this may be an issue.

Whatever happens, my advice would be to pay for a technician who knows the system ( i.e. from Ford) and document the system and provide training so you can operate any running repairs yourself. If you try and do it and it doesn't work, you will you have to pay more in the long run to get it fixed. Or get a service contract in place so that running repairs can be taken care of.

Good luck

Rob
  • Options
    Thanks.The system is about 3 years old.I will try to get in contact with Ford.
This discussion has been closed.