Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Motorized fader controller for Soundweb

I know this has been discussed and fantasized about before, but I wonder if there is anybody who has found a working soloution?

The idea is to have a programmable faderboard to control a Soundweb system via RS232 or Ethernet. There would be maybe 8 motorized faders to control gains, possibly 2 or 3 layers to the fader bank, 8-16 buttons to control mutes and presets, etc.

Some companies offer similar products to work with DAWs. But those all depend upon protocols which we don't have in Soundweb.

/Chris

Comments

• Options
    I've been working on a solution to use a DAW control surface with Soundweb London. It's not all worked out yet, but you can PM me if you have any questions.
  • Options
    Anyone got a solution for this? Maybe controlled directly from I/Os?
  • Options
    I saw another DSP manufacturer using the JL Cooper Eclipse MX Midnight fader bank with their unit.

They initiated IP control between the two boxes and had a custom script written that allowed the DSP to process the return information about fader position, button status, etc. Not sure you can do that with London.

I'm not a code guy so it may be possible, but it doesn't seem like the logic section can take an IP command and understand it to the point of generating a SV based on an external IP command and value string. You would almost need a third party control system to handle that.
  • Options
    scott180scott180 Posts: 80
    I talked with one of our Crestron programmers. What you would need to do is have a Crestron programmer create a module for a JL Cooper panel. This basically translates the JL Cooper values into Crestron Values. For instance, the fader may have a range of binary values that correlate to -80dB to +10dB. The Crestron module would then translate that to a set of values from 1 to 100. The output of the Crestron module would then be connection inside a Crestron program to a BSS London module. This takes the Crestron generic values and translates them to London code.

All you would need is one of the small Crestron processors to crunch the numbers on the same IP network as the JL Cooper and the London hardware.

Check out the new RMC3 processor. Very compact and not too expensive.
  • Options
    scott180scott180 Posts: 80
    I talked with one of our Crestron programmers. What you would need to do is have a Crestron programmer create a module for a JL Cooper panel. This basically translates the JL Cooper values into Crestron Values. For instance, the fader may have a range of binary values that correlate to -80dB to +10dB. The Crestron module would then translate that to a set of values from 1 to 100. The output of the Crestron module would then be connection inside a Crestron program to a BSS London module. This takes the Crestron generic values and translates them to London code.

All you would need is one of the small Crestron processors to crunch the numbers on the same IP network as the JL Cooper and the London hardware.

Check out the new RMC3 processor. Very compact and not too expensive.