Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Log out Log on problem

I have a question/ problem with security access. It occurs after I first I log on, then log off (CTRL+L). If I try to log on to another user - even admin - I only get access to one of the security limited pages. I have to close the program down and reopen to log on to a different user. Any ideas?

This is the only time I created a security setup, so I have no other reference.

Thanks

Mark Springer
industrial arts

Comments

• Options
    Set up your design with relevant custom control panels.

In 'Tools /set up design security settings', set up your users by using 'add user' option from the drop down list in the current user box
    In my case i had admin, user 1 , user 2, etc.

select the current user you want to set up (user 1)
    Change the custom panel access rights (No access, read only, hyperlinks or full control)

Once these are set, go to the 'set start page' option and you can have a dedicated start page for each user.

repeat for additional users.

Cheers

Rob
  • Options
    Sorry, that's not my problem.

I do have different users with different levels of security and start pages. However, it seems I am unable to switch between the different users when I log off via CTRL+L. No matter which user I then subsequently try to log on with, I am presented with the page of the - in this case - lowest level user.

I can only log on to other users by closing the program and re-opening it.

Mark Springer
    industrial arts
  • Options
    Do you have your 'File Preferences - Going Online' set to remove tab bar?
    If you do, and you also have a common page which is accessible by multiple users, it's possible that each user you log in to is showing you that page first.
    Then, with no tab bar, you can't navigate to the other pages you'd like.

To check this, I'd start off by adding temporary page navigate buttons on to your panels to test that you can actually navigate to each page within each users 'allocated' page list.....

Hope this makes sense.

Martin