Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Blu-8 for room combine

Is there way to switch room groups using a BLU-8 controller?

Comments

• Options
    If you are just trying to initiate room combinations, or change room combinations, you can configure the Room Combine in Priority Partition Mode and use the Partition SV to map to the Blu-8 number buttons. If you are trying to use the Blu-8 to initiate a particular group then you are going to have to wait and see if somebody with more knowledge posts an answer!
  • Options
    If you have more complex 'room mode' recalls you wish to initiate,
    1- in the logic section of a device, place 4x logic sources.
    2 - Assign these to the buttons on a BLU8.
    3- place 4 x preset triggers and attach them to the coresponding logic sources.
    4- go to your rooms, assign them to a parameter preset group and set up your different room modes as presets.
    Assign whichever room mode to the corresponding 'high' or 'low' state on the preset triggers.

* as an aside - when doing any of the above i always place those handy little text boxes or notes around various logic processes so that i can actually remember what i have done when i revisit the project or when soemone else needs to update the file.... *

What should happen is that when the buttons are pressed they will recall the room combine combination you want.

If you prefer you can have a room combine assigned to button one, but then have a 'presentation preset' assigned to button two etc, just assign different parameter presets to the preset triggers.

I also use the above to assign a venue preset to a button if i want to adjust multiple parameter preset groups (if, for example i have a preset for a mute on/off and level set, i can tell the venue preset to select both of these states. )
    In that case i would save my venue preset state, in the logic section, place the logic source, connect it to a preset trigger, select the preset trigger to recall the saved venue preset and assign the logic source to the BLU8 button.

Hope this makes sense

Rob
  • Options
    If you prefer you can have a room combine assigned to button one, but then have a 'presentation preset' assigned to button two etc, just assign different parameter presets to the preset triggers. .....