Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Soundweb Original
Options

Soundweb on my mac book keeps crashing

Ok I've installed Soundweb on my Macbook running XP. Boots up ok but soon ass you ask it to go online it's ok till you tell it to stop searching then it crashes!? Help!!!! Please!!!!

Comments

• Options
    rob birchrob birch Posts: 106
    I do not think this is a mac issue, just that you have not got the comms settings correct in XP.

When you tell it to stop searching, is it because it has not found a device? (normal network time to find a device is about 3-5 seconds)

When you say it crashes - does it come up with a message saying there was an error with comms and MFC comms has crashed. If so then it is indicating the program was able to see the 232 interface, but that it was not able to see any network devices.

confirm your comms settings in system properties (Comms number) match the settings in 'preferences/application/comms' of designer.

Confirm that when talking on the front port the comms speed in designer needs to be 38400
    Confirm when talking on the rear port the comms speed in designer needs to be 115000, and you need a num-modem cable for this connection.

The above settings will also need to be the same in device manager on the comm settings for your 232 port.

Please can you confirm what the 'crash' message says.

cheers

Rob
  • Options
    Sorry Rob i should have said. I'm using a usb to serial converter cus there's no serial port on the macbook. when i say crashes i mean it goes to a blue screen.
    Cheers Dave
  • Options
    rob birchrob birch Posts: 106
    Have you used the USB-232 converter with any other software application - It sounds like you need to try a different one.....

As long as you are running a copy of XP that can see the USB converter, Soundweb Designer will run with no problems.

Blue screen would indicate a bad driver on your USB-232 converter - This is a windows issue.

Cheers

Rob
This discussion has been closed.