Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

What am I missing? Link Logic end to Source Select

I have two logic sources tied to control ports. I want a two input source selector to switch to input 2 when both control ports are engaged (AND logic block). I made a button on a custom panel that represents the state of the source selector. Low is input 1, high is input 2. Why can't I link the logic end to that button or the source selector?

It's a paging application where latching buttons are being used to select which zones will receive the page. The \"page\" button is momentary so that when the logic \"AND\" block sees both buttons hi, it will trigger the source select for each zone to go to input 2 which would be the page mic.

I saw in the help file that the Logic end must match the source select number of inputs + 1. I did that and still no luck.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    scott180scott180 Posts: 80
    Even though there seems to be a way to link logic ends to source selects, I couldn't figure it out.

So what I did was use parameter presets. I created a button for each source select, where low was input 1 and hi was input 2. I created a paramater preset group with a preset for each button state. I changed my logic end to a Preset Trigger that recalled the desired state.

Anyone who can shed some light on linking logic ends directly to source select please share!
  • Options
    Hi Scott!

A 2-input Source Selector has three positions (None, 1, 2) and a 2-input Logic End has four states (00, 01, 10, 11). The two do not match up, so this is why you cannot link them.

The answer would be to use a 3-input Source Selector with the logic circuit in the picture below. This should give you the functionality you required.

A 3-input Source Selector has four positions (None, 1, 2, 3) so you can link it to the 2-input Logic Source.

ssandle.jpg

From the London Architect help file:
    When linking a logic end to a source selector, the \"Allow None\" state of the source selector must always be set to \"Yes\". The binary value of the number of inputs to the Logic End (i.e. 2^no. of inputs) must match the number of inputs to the source selector, plus one.
  • Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    Reading the help file is a lot like talking to a woman; you have to pay close attention to what is not said.

The important phrase here is \"When linking\". It is true that you must turn on the Allow None property of the Source Selector and set it to 3 inputs before London Architect will allow you to make the link. However, the help file doesn't say that you're required to leave Allow None turned on after you've made the link. You don't even have to leave the silly source selector set to 3 inputs!

* Set your Source Selector to 3 inputs with Allow None ON
    * Link the Logic End to the Source Selector
    * Set your Source Selector to 2 inputs and turn OFF Allow None

Ta-daa! The second input to the Logic End will now toggle you between source 1 and source 2. You can just wire the output of the AND to the second input on the Logic End without needing the NOT. Weird, eh?

Dan
  • Options
    scott180scott180 Posts: 80
    Thanks guys for the help.

I did not know Dan's trick about \"when linking\" and the ability to change that stuff after the link was made. I had tried it with a 3 input source selector, but I had failed to double click the logic end to get the logic end button icon for dragging it onto the link group. I was trying to drag from the link in the design tree and it wasn't working.