Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Omnidrive/Minidrive
Options

366 and serial device server

Hello,

I want to use a FDS-366 with an ethernet serial device server. What settings do I need for the serial connection: baud, data bits, stop bits, ...? The \"properties\" pane doesn't show the info and it seems that I can not configure the device for that.

Regards Tobi from Germany

Comments

• Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    The 366 is 19,200 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity.

FYI the user manual is available on the web site in PDF format, but I don't think that info is in it.
    http://www.bssaudio.com/product_downloads/User_Manuals/fds366um.pdf

Dan
  • Options
    TobiasDTobiasD Posts: 5
    Thanks.

Do I have to set special settings? Yesterday, I tried all baud rates with 8 data bits, 1 stop bit and no parity, but didn't get a connection over ethernet. (USB -> RS232 works)

I'll try it again with these settings.
  • Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    Didn't get a connection over ethernet? Heh? There's no ethernet port on the 366.

Dan
  • Options
    I'm using an ethernet device server. I've tested it with an alto device, because I know it's serial settings, and it worked... I will try again with the OmniDrive soon.
  • Options
    Ok folks, it works now.

Problem: The driver of the serial device server has a problem with IRP_MJ_FLUSH_BUFFERS. So I downloaded VSPE, which creates a virtual com port, that supports FLUSH_BUFFERS, and redirected my EthernetCOM port on this one.
This discussion has been closed.