Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Architect crashing when opening non-local files

Hi there,

I've been getting an error message when trying to open a saved Architect 2.06 file. Here's how I've got it working.

The file was made on my MacBook Pro and I'm trying to open it on the same system. I'm running London Architect on Windows XP SP3 with Parallels 4. SystemArchitect isn't installed on the machine. I created the files and saved them to an external drive connected through my mac through drive sharing in parallels (appears as an external drive in windows). The save went just fine. When I tried to open the files, Architect threw an error:

An exception has occurred in the application.

The parameter is incorrect.

File : .\\RoadrunnerFile.cpp
Line 920

Upon hitting ok, the program goes to the state that it was in before.

Now, when I tried moving the files locally, to either my mac (via Parallels Shared Folders) or directly into my parallels virtual image, the files open no problem. When I connect the drive only to parallels, the files open just fine. The external hard drive is formatted NTFS, just like my parallels virtual image.

I would ideally like to have the hard drive mounted through OSX and then shared to parallels so I can access files from both operating systems but this doesn't seem to work.

Has anybody seen this before/used LA in parallels?

Comments

• Options
    harry2harry2 Posts: 1
    I had problems when I ran partitioned a windows drive on my machine. I solved them making sure it was a FAT32 partition. Have you tried bootcamp instead of parallels too?
This discussion has been closed.