Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Omnidrive/Minidrive

366T LLHHHH configuration?

Hi I'm a brand new 366T user with a question. I have a need in some situations to run 2 low outputs and 4 high outputs. All 4 high outputs would be crossed over at the same frequency but limited differently. Is this possible on the 366T?

Long story short I have custom subs, JBL SR4735X mains and a seperate set of JBL SR4735A tops that I use for a seperate zone sometimes. The SR4735X's are 8ohms 600 Watts RMS while the SR4735A's are 4ohms 600 watts RMS so they use different amplifiers. Because of the differnce I cant run them from the same set of outputs as I need to set the limiters and EQ's etc differently.

My old DSP was a DR260 which I was able to set any output to any frequency range so I had 2 outs on subs, 2 outs on my 4735X mains and 2 outs for the 4735A's. I cant seem to figure out how to set the BSS up this way. Is this even possible on the FDS366T? Any help would be much appreciated.

Kj

Comments

• Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    You can't choose LLHHHH, but that's just a label. The Config setting under Utilities in the 366T doesn't actually do what almost everyone believes it does. There are three input sections on the 366T and six output sections. All the Config setting does is change the way those inputs and outputs are wired to each other.

LLMMHH =
    Input A wired to Outputs 1, 3, 5
    Input B wired to Outputs 2, 4, 6

LMHLMH =
    Input A wired to Outputs 1, 2, 3
    Input B wired to Outputs 4, 5, 6

LHLHLH =
    Input A wired to Outputs 1, 2
    Input B wired to Outputs 3, 4
    Input C wired to Outputs 5, 6

For your system, go into Utilities and set the Config to LLMMHH. There are some illustrations of this on pages 16/17 of the user manual. They're correct, but kinda hard to interpret.

The option that you need to change is Xover Adjust under utilities (page 56 of the user manual). There are two ways to adjust the crossovers in the 366T. \"Both\" mode means that the lowpass of outputs 1&2 is linked to the highpass of outputs 3&4 (same thing with 3&4 to 5&6). That makes it really simple and quick to adjust crossover settings. \"Edge\" mode means that you adjust each of highpass and lowpass filters individually. Your stereo linking will still work, but you can setup 3&4 and 5&6 without effecting each other. So, set your Xover Adjust to \"Edge\" and you have the functionality you're looking for even though the text label under Config still says LLMMHH.

The FDS-366 user manual is available here
    http://www.bssaudio.com/product_downloads/User_Manuals/fds366um.pdf

or you can download the FDS-366T manual here
    http://www.bsstechsupport.com/public/forumfiles/fds366Tum.pdf

For anybody who doesn't realize it, the only difference between a 366 and a 366T is the firmware and the letters \"NTM\" painted next to the screen on the 366T.

Dan
This discussion has been closed.