Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Subrange on Blu-10

Is it still not possible to set up subrange of a gain element on Blu-10- or has this been addressed in of the newer versions?
I don't have a Blu-10 here to try it, but the emulation still goes to max and -inf.

If not, is there a known work around?

Comments

• Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    No subrange on the BLU-10. There is a subrange property built into the gain processing object. Put the gain wherever you want it, set the subrange, assign it to the BLU-10.

Dan
  • Options
    Cool- so it works now. I remember trying to use a +/- 6dB gain on a Blu-10 and it didn't work- sub range didn't follow the gain block. But that was a while back.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    The BLU-10 will control any parameter on any state variable (SV). The thing to remember is that the gain processing object is the only SV with a subrange. All other subranges are applied at the control panel so they don't actually change the behavior of the SV. For a control panel, you can subrange pretty much anything. For the BLU-10 or GPIO control ports, the only thing you can subrange is the gain processing object. It's not perfect, but it handles at least 95% of all needs.

Dan
  • Options
    Ahh, yes. Now I remember- I tried to give users +/-6dB of EQ on Blu-10 and it didn't work. That's why I was worried when programming this gain subrange on Blu-10.
  • Options
    Correct. If you want to do subranged EQ on a BLU-10 or control port, you have to build each band of EQ manually using high pass and low pass filters, a mixer, and a gain control. That's usually more of a headache than it's worth.

Dan
This discussion has been closed.