Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Custom panel eq preset buttons

How would I go about making a custon panel eq preset button one with an led in it so the user knows what preset he is in. I can get this to semi work but once the button is clicked the light stay on even if I switch to a different preset. Is there someone out there that can explain how I can do this?

Comments

• Options
    so what i gather is for each graphic EQ i have it needs its own led logic. Is that correct?
  • Options
    Ok, I appologize. I hadn't actually read that tips-&-tricks entry and what it describes is nothing like that I expected because it's targetted at the BLU-10. If you're not using a BLU-10, that method is pointlessly complex. So, here's Dan's lecture re: presets once again.

There's no such thing as the \"currently active preset\". A preset is an event, not a state. When you trigger a preset recall, all of the values are changed and then the event is over. You're not \"in\" a preset becuase any of the values could be changed a split second after you recalled the preset. With that in mind, what most people really want is an indication of the \"last recalled preset\" and that's really easy to do.

If I have a parameter preset group which contains 5 parameter presets, I just need to place 5 logic sources in my device and add all of them to the prarameter preset group. (There's no need to wire the logic sources to anything.) I then set the values of those logic sources like this:
    Parameter preset 1 = logic source 1 ON, all others OFF
    Parameter preset 2 = logic source 2 ON, all others OFF
    Parameter preset 3 = logic source 3 ON, all others OFF
    Parameter preset 4 = logic source 4 ON, all others OFF
    Parameter preset 5 = logic source 5 ON, all others OFF
    The buttons for those logic sources are now your indicators of which parameter preset was recalled last. You can place them on a control panel and change them to look like whatever you want. Use properties to make them read-only and you won't have to worry about somebody clicking on them.

Dan
  • Options
    I create two sets of presets. One that includes parameters I want to recall and second set (with the same preset names) that only includes logic sources that recall the presets. I make a radio group from all the logic sources used.
    Now if I use the logic source to change preset, it lights up and stays lit until another preset is recalled.
    I do it this way because presets in most of my systems can be recalled from more than one location and through calendar function. This gives feedback to all controllers and lights up the button used to change the preset.
    It also automatically changes the buttons on all control panels if a preset is triggered by a timer (just make sure you trigger the logic presets with timer, not the parameter presets).
This discussion has been closed.