Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

User accounts

This may be more of a Computer question. I upgraded to london 3.6.4 on a computer and ever since i have updated the london program when I log into the computer as a power user london does not see the bss processors I can ping them but they are not seen in london. But if i log into the computer as an administrator london sees the processors just fine. has anyone else ran into this issue? or know what might have happened?

Thank you for your time,
Chris

Comments

• Options
    mupi2kmupi2k Posts: 40
    Sounds like a windows firewall issue.

Perhaps you have the system settings such that Power Users cannot disable the firewall? I Know BSS recommends running LA without a firewall.

It is possible to run with the firewall, but it can be a pain to make sure all the correct ports are opened for the application, and if just one of them isn't opened, you'll get this.

As a general rule, whenever you update a program, you have to make sure that the firewall rules are changed, becuase most firewalls these days don't just rely on the program name when determining if a program should be allowed access to the network, but on the program's memory signature (this is usually a Good Thing, as it prevents [people] from writing a program that Pretends to be Internet Explorer so the firewall will let it through...)

HTH