Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

File is to large.

Ive just started playing around with a BLU160 BLU120 and a BOB. When ever I try and save my file to the device is comes back telling me the file is to large to save. Its about a 11meg. I will contact tech support after the holidays but just wondering if anyone has come across this before and if it is just something stupid Im doing.

Comments

• Options
    It's either your eventlogs, embedded images, or a ridiculous number of configurations. Load the file using the current version of London Architect and it will purge all but the most recent eventlogs. That's by far the most likely cause. If it's still huge, and you've used images on control panels, you'll need to rebuild the design file to get rid of them. Once you add an image to a control panel, that image remains embedded in the design file even if you remove it from the control panel. The only other possibility is if you've created many different configurations for the devices. To create an 11meg file with only one programmable device, you'd need at least several dozen different configurations in the device and it would probably be more like 50+ configurations needed.

If it's none of those three two things, then it's probably one of those three two things. No, that wasn't a typo. A design file for 1 programmable device only gets to 11meg under a very few conditions.

Dan

edit: I changed the text color to yellow on my comments which should be ignored because Graham sent me an email that basically said \"we fixed that a long time ago, dummy\". I should probably pay more attention. Hey look! A castle....
  • Options
    AlreaAlrea Posts: 0
    I have re-done the site file and all was good. File size was under a meg. I started adding parramerter presets I have 3 groups with a total of 11 presets. All the presets are doing is selecting diffret router inputs. The file is now over 10meg. It wont let me save the file to the device and everything is very very slow. :(
  • Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    The problem is probably this:
    \rock\ wrote:
    All the presets are doing is selecting diffret router inputs.

While you may have intended to only change router settings with your parameter presets, I suspect that you're changing a lot more than that.

I created a design file with a 120, 160, and BOB configured as a 32x8 system. I put a compressor, EQ, and gate on every input feeding into a 32x8 matrix router with a crossover and EQ on every output. Total file size was 207k. I added 20 parameter presets effecting only the matrix router and the file size was 285k.

Starting with the same base file, I added 11 parameter presets which effected every processing object in the file and the size still only increased to 1.3meg. If 11 parameter presets cause your file size to increase by over 9 meg, then those parameter presets contain a lot more than just the router settings.

There's probably something you're not mentioning about your design file which is causing this without you realizing it. You should contact Rob Birch or one of the other guys at Jands and have them take a look at your file. That will be the fastest way to find the problem.

Dan
  • Options
    rob birchrob birch Posts: 106
    Hey,

Please let me know if i can help. I have PM'd Rock with my contact details.

Would be good to see what else is going on, as most of my design files do not exceed 3 meg - and that is 20 BLU devices with a whole lot of audio loving going on.....

Get in touch....
This discussion has been closed.