Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Omnidrive/Minidrive
Options

Moxa NPort with FDS-366

Trying to use London Architect to control an Omnidrive 366. No problem hooking up directly to the serial port. But then we tried a Moxa NPort 5110 to access via the network. Can't seem to get a connection. I don't think it's a soundweb issue. The virtual com port is not showing up in windows Device Manager. Anyone out there try this combination?

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, I am having the same issue. Hey, weren't you just over at my place helping me?
  • Options
    First step with a Moxa product is go to the web site and download the new software. They have a habit of shipping old software with some products and the old software is a LOT harder to use. Once you have it installed, it's a two-step process.

First, run the Configurator software which is listed on your start menu under NPort Management Suite.

Second, run the RealCOM Installer which is listed on your start menu under NPort Management Suite/COM Port Mapping.

The first one sets up the Moxa device so that your computer can talk to it. The second one assigns the virtual serial port to the device.

Dan
  • Options
    The only other step after that which seems obvious but is easy to overlook is to make sure that your new 'virtual' comm ports are checked in the LA Serial preferences. Otherwise LA won't know which port numbers to scan.
  • Options
    Thanks Dan and Martin!

Though, I am still having issues. I installed the NPort management software, but it can't find the nport 5110 when I search. I can however find it using the nport administrator tool I got with the 5110. Any other tips for troubleshooting?
    Thanks much!
  • Options
    Set it to a fixed IP address so the Moxa software doesn't have to search for it.

Dan
  • Options
    ok. I got it working. No idea what I did other than run the nport driver manager software and auto detect device in LA. I will do some more investigating and write back. Thanks for all your help!
This discussion has been closed.