Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Spin control to logic end AND gain?

I'm trying to link logic end, which lights up when a meter goes into red for more than a second, to a spin down button which controls master gain.
Is it possible in the software only?

I know I can send a logic end signal out a control port and push it back into another control port that's tied to up/down pair of the master volume. But can it be done internally?

Comments

• Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    Nope. Sucks doesn't it? You can also do it by sending serial strings. Just plug a DB9 into the back of the device with pins 2 & 3 shorted and the box can talk to itself. Instant BLU schizophrenia.

If you decide to use a control port, you can drag the indicator from a meter trigger directly onto the control output port and the spin decrement directly onto the control input port. There's no need for any logic unless you really want that 1 second delay. It's so much easier to just bump that sucker down every time they clip the meter.

Dan
  • Options
    J.LuszczekJ.Luszczek Posts: 159
    I just tried the control port method, but I guess I will have to insert a relay in-between, because the connection causes the volume to just slide all the way down in one smooth motion.
    The logic output pin is normally low- so when it connects to a logic input that's set to receive one of up/down pair contacts, it thinks it's shorted and it triggers a continuous slide.
    If I set the logic input to analog as opposed to up/down pair, the volume jumps up every time the logic out goes high.
    What do I need to do to avoid using a relay?
  • Options
    J.LuszczekJ.Luszczek Posts: 159
    So, now I'm trying to make it work with the serial port loop.
    But, once linked to the gain object the spin down control has a different serial string every time you hit it- corresponding to the gain fader position.
    So I suspect it will not work as I need it to. Clip signal will simply force it to a pre-set value- whatever it happens to be at the time I copy the serial string into the serial trigger.
  • Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    Ok, first the control port. You need to select \"Inverted\" mode when you assign the meter trigger to the control output. Sorry for not remembering that sooner. Also make sure your meter ballistics are set as fast as possible. I think the release on the meter trigger defaults to 1 second. you probably don't want that.

For the serial control, you have to use a DI_BUMPSVPERCENT command. Spin decrement buttons are worthless because they don't actually exist in the device. The spin increment/decrement buttons exist only inside London Architect which means they have no real SV value. You have to manually create a DI_BUMPSVPERCENT command based on the HiQnet node address, Object ID, and SV# of the control you're trying to adjust.

TIP: use 0x00, 0x00 as the HiQnet node address. That's the generic address which means \"execute this on the box that receives it\". That way you won't have to worry about matching the node address if you want to use the same string on different boxes.

TIP: make sure that the object you're controlling has object ID 0x00, 0x01, 0x00. That's the ID of the very first object placed into your design and is the easiest one to replicate later. Just find whatever object has that ID currently and delete it. Place the object that you want to control and then replace the deleted object. The deleted object will get a new ID and the one you want to control will now be 000100.

Dan
This discussion has been closed.