Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Soundweb Original
Options

Can't Get Dead State using Preset Combos in 3-wire mode?!

I'm using a 9088iis, remote control in 3-wire mode.
Using Preset Combos and chooing the dead state option when assigning the combo to an anologue in, the dead state (ie: No connection to the input) forces the preset combo to it's -1- setting.

Am I overlooking something? I had no problem with the \"Dead State\" programming a 9088 (2-wire, of course!), using a single rotary resistor ladder and 3 switches to throw the combo to any of 3 inputs.

Help appreciated. Danny

Comments

• Options
    onecellonecell Posts: 12
    No-one's replied to my query so I'm wondering if I need to clarify the situation I'm in...

On previous setups, using a Soundweb 9088, I've used a single resistor ladder (on a rotary switch) in order to select from a range of parameter presets (selecting source - and EQ for that source).

The output from this (single) ladder, goes to one of 3 control inputs on the 9088 via 3 push buttons.

The control panel for the entire venue is in ONE location containing a rotary \"source\" selector - and 3 buttons to selct the chosen source to one of 3 zones. This means I can have a more compact control panel, rather than 3 seperate rotary selectors.

On my 9088 (mk1) soundweb this works fine: When dragging the parameter preset for the given zone's source to the Control Input, I use the \"with dead state\" option which holds the selected parameter preset when there's no connection to the input (ie: all 3 \"zone select\" buttons are \"open\")

When applying the same technique to a 9088ii unit in 3-wire mode, even tho I've selected the \"with dead state\" option: when the buttons are all open (no input to control input), the relevant parameter preset drops to it's 1st state.

Am I missing something here or does the \"with dead state\" option only work correctly in 2-wire mode?

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give.

Danny
  • Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    If it works perfectly in 2-wire mode, why not just run it that way?

Dan
  • Options
    onecellonecell Posts: 12
    I prefer 3-wire for a couple of reasons:
    1) I find the response of volume pots to be smoother.
    2) I can build my remotes with just a single resistor value.

Are you saying that 2-wire is the ONLY way to use the \"dead state\"?
    If so, then I'll gladly concede but the anorak in me wants to know if there's a reason; ie: Does 3-wire mode pull the inputs LOW?

Cheers,
    Dan
This discussion has been closed.