Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Logic Macro Not being found on Rescan or restart

I have created a macro with a logic comparator as the starting object and a logic end as the end. I save it into My Documents/My Macros.

When I perform a rescan/restart in LA, it does not show up in the device lists. The My Documents folder actually exists on a network drive as opposed to my local PC. Is this what is preventing the rescan from seeing the folder?

Is there a way to point LA in the right direction to find the folder?

Thank You[/code]

Comments

• Options
    Have you checked to see if another My Documents/My Macros folder has been created elsewhere on your system?
  • Options
    rob birchrob birch Posts: 106
    The macro folder that lives in the 'start/my documents' location on the 'C' drive is where LA scans.
    You need to place the macros you want referenced in this folder. So a network drive will not be referenced. There is no way to modify the macro folder directory in LA.

You could set up a script to back this location up in relation to the network drive.

Cheers

Rob
  • Options
    J.LuszczekJ.Luszczek Posts: 159
    I sync my documents with a server and I have no problem with macros- whether in or out of the office.
    But, one of my coworkers has that same problem as the OP.
    His LA can't see macros for some reason.
    We can manually navigate to his \"My Documents/My Macros\" directory and see the macros- even open them with Macro Editor, but they don't appear in LA.
    His setup is just like mine- when he shuts down his machine synchronizes with the server- if present. We reinstalled LA, but no change.
    Any idea where to look?
  • Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    First, LA does not look for macros in this folder:
    C:\\Documents and Settings\\Administrator\\My Documents\\My Macros
    Substitute your user name for \"Administrator\". Doesn't matter. The point is that LA has no clue if your My Documents folder is on the C drive of the F drive or G:\\FishOfTheDay\\My Documents. All LA does is look in a folder defined by an MSWindows system path variable which means \"wherever the My Documents folder is\" and then adds \\My Macros\\ to the end of it. So, being able to navigate with Windows Explorer to the My Macros folder unfortunately doesn't mean anything because that system path variable thingy could be screwed up.

Second possibility is, if the people who have no problems are running XP and the people who do have problems are running Vista or 7, then I'd bet a beer that it's the stupid Server2003 problem. We can't support Server2003 and also support fully native Vista/7. That's why the Vista UAC complains about LA every time you launch it. If I'm correct, then Vista/7 is blocking access to the My Macros folder. Running LA in admin mode might fix it. Maybe not.

In any case, it's most likely either an MSWindows mapping problem or security problem. This will be a lot simpler for Jan to figure out that it will be for dbrunelle because Jan can look at what's different between his machine and his coworker's machine. Those differences will probably define the cause.

Dan

p.s. one other possibility is that Jan's login is under one group policy while the coworker is under a different group policy. You'll have to check with your IT geeks about that one. If so, again look and see what's different. Somebody has different network access or mapping or security or something.
This discussion has been closed.