Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Beginner New to London Architect

I've had the Minidrive FDS-336T installed at my church for a few months. I've installed London Architect v2.06 and connected a laptop via serial cable. But, now I'm really lost. I'm unfamiliar with some terminology and the screen displays.

I need to start at the beginning. Where can I find documentation that will walk me through the software? And what are DXF files that I see on the BSS product web page.

Any help and comments are appreciated.

Mike

Comments

• Options
    DFlanneryDFlannery Posts: 3
    How familiar are you with visual programming? If you have worked with some programs in the past then you can get by fairly well using the Help menu within London Architect, as well as sections of this forum.

What are you trying to accomplish with the Minidrive? Are you making setting adjustments or are you writing a new program?

And DXF files are a specific file format started by Autodesk for CAD drawings. They have nothing to do with programming.

Devin
  • Options
    MikeMike Posts: 6
    Thank you for the reply.
    I've never done visual programing. I'm not sure what I want to accomplish with the software. Maybe make adjustment, or preset memories, using a graphic display showing the xover or the eq? Maybe just monitor the system. Maybe my expectations are way off and I'll abandon this. I don't understand what is available.

The minidrive feeds 2 subs on 1/2 and a line array of 8 speakers on 2 amps using 3/4 and 5/6, in a medium size room. I've already posted a problem in the Minidrive forum under \"Trouble adding to 5/6 in 336T.\" Based on an answer to another question in that forum, I'm going to change my utility setting to 2ch-3way and hope that clears my problem. After using the minidrive for a few months I just generate further questions.

I spent 36 years as an engineer/technician for CBS. now in retirement, I'm the Sr. Technician for my church. Digital loudspeaker management is new to me.

Thanks again, I look forward to further discussion.
    Mike
  • Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    For your purposes, you don't need to do any programming in London Architect. You just want to use it to control the Minidrive. Although 100% of the controls for the Minidrive are also available from the front display, it can be easier to do the setup with a computer.

Pretty much everything you need to know is here:
    http://www.bssaudio.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=170

The only thing that guide doesn't mention is how to get to the actual control panel for the Minidrive after you've connected and gotten everything configured. Follow the guide all the way through and then just double-click on the Minidrive in the London Architect main layout window (the window with the red tab). That will open up the control panel for the Minidrive.

Dan
This discussion has been closed.