Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Omnidrive/Minidrive
Options

Controlling your rig with your Iphone

Hi,
I got this going a few years back on my palm treo, then later an Iphone. I do electronic dance music shows primarily, so I don't need/want a FOH position. I just dance with everyone else, while covertly making sound adjustments when it suits me. Or not so covertly if I want to impress a client or promoter. Being able to mute the bass then bring it back in on beat is a great way to impress ladies at the bar as well... yes, you have to bring out your big guns to get their attention off the DJ.

The size is made to fit perfectly on a Treo (small) but because you can pinch and zoom the iphone, I didn't bother to change it when I upgraded. The xover, gains, delays, and EQ control are all linked for control of channels 1-4 using two fds366t units. I run a Turbo Floodlight rig, so I needed two. I used the flashlight amprack colorscheme instead of labels, which cleans up the interface, and looks cool, and while I was making it look cool, I got rid of the horrible blue background and nasty green meters.

Of course this will work on the Ipad as well, but I'm not very flashy. I like that people don't know why i'm stuck on my phone in the middle of the show. I just want it to sound good.

Let me know if you need help!

Best of luck to you,
Christian Manchester
mobiusproaudio.com

Admin edit: links to commercial software sales site and photo hosting site removed.

Comments

• Options
    lokiburnlokiburn Posts: 8
    Actually the image was a screenshot of the interface I made (isn't that how I was supposed to post an image?) , and the file was the design, in case anyone wanted to try it. If it was a 3rd party software site that was hosting my file, I didn't realize it!

Well... If anyone wants to check it out, shoot me an email I suppose!

-Christian
This discussion has been closed.