Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

London Architect locking up

I have an install where I'm using two control panels running on a PC to control room combining and controlling the mixers for each room. The file keeps locking up. I have two buttons to toggle between the control pages. I click on one and the program freezes. It may be other buttons as well. It does this on the machine attached to the devices, as well as on my home computer not attached to anything.

Just wondering if anyone has ideas on trouble shooting this. I had my task manager open and just hit \"save\". The progress bar got about half way and stopped. The task manager showed that LA was \"not responding\". Then it kicked back in and finished.

Something is definatley weird. Anyone have similar experiences. Ever since V3.0, I've noticed some odd behaviors in the program. Like audio connection lines not falling on the grid and stuff like that.

I'm checking my button links to see if anything is corrupt, but I'm not sure what to do beyond that.

Comments

• Options
    scott180scott180 Posts: 80
    So I copied everything on one of the panels, made a new panel and pasted everything. Now it seems to be working. I then went and deleted the old panel and a couple other panels that I started and ended up not using.

I'll know tomorrow when I load it up, but I think it works. So it doesn't explain why it was acting up, but I'm past the problem. So if anyone has any ideas, I'd still like to hear them.

Scott
  • Options
    sp-audiosp-audio Posts: 2
    Have the same problem if I convert a working file from 3.00 R2 to R3.
    Returning back to R2 the file works fine.

So is there a fix?
  • Options
    scott180scott180 Posts: 80
    Dan Lynch asked for a copy of my design which I sent to him. I haven't heard back yet.

Are you having trouble with one panel or multiple. For me it was just one panel, and really just one button.
  • Options
    sp-audiosp-audio Posts: 2
    In my case I have a lot of toggle buttons. I haven't checked all because I returned to R2.
    But it was definitly more than one page and button.

So I will ask Dan what to do...

Thanks btw

Simon
  • Options
    J.LuszczekJ.Luszczek Posts: 159
    I can confirm that this is a problem with 3.03. I have a file with multiple control panels that works fine on 3.0 and freezes on the first page change when ran on 3.03.
    I had to downgrade back to the version the file was created with (3.0) in order to keep setting up the system- all while on site with stress levels already high. At least London Architect lets you go back on firmware side. Some manufacturers make it impossible to load older firmware.
  • Options
    GrahamGraham Posts: 27
    Yes this is a confirmed issue with R3. It will be addressed in the next release. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Options
    GrahamGraham Posts: 27
    This is now fixed in 3.00.R4
This discussion has been closed.