Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Room Combining module woes

Couple of fixes needed in the Room Combining module. (using 3.0 because 3.03 breaks control page flips).

1. Source select for BGM music has \"None\" option, but it can not be used on Blu-8. I printed transparencies for four Blu-8's with the None option only to find out that I can't recall it, and my 4 BGM music sources are now labeled in wrong spots. So now I will have to call the shop, have them print and cut out new set of transparencies and FedEx them to the site- then we have to take every Blu-8 out of very tight and awkward wall box and replace the transparencies, unless there is something I can do in the program to allow for that None position on Blu-8.

Edit: I found a \"sort of\" work around- using generic source selector with None option and linking it to source selector in Room Combine module, then dragging the generic source selector onto the Blu-8.
The problem is, the generic source select is not aware of rooms being combined, like the source selector in the Room Combining module, so there is no good feedback on the Blu-8.

EDIT#2: The first work around didn't work. I had to add a background music source to the Room Combine module and have it silent to utilize the first position on Blu-8 as \"Off\". Even then I had to re-do the whole Room Combine from scratch because the existing module after adding a BGM input wouldn't show 5 BGM sources on the source selectors, but changed the names of the 4 that it did show. So there are some bugs to be worked out.

2. Text in room labels doesn't allow for line breaks. You can type multiple lines in the Properties, but the actual text block just shows one line with dual square character where the break is supposed to be. It's a minor inconvenience.

Comments

• Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    DOH! This feature drove me crazy when I first started playing with the BLU-8 because I didn't get it until Denny explained it to me.

When placing any source selector on the BLU-8, the NONE position is recalled by turning the selector to point \"down\" (between position 1 and 8 ) and then pushing in on the selector.

For example, with 4 BGM sources on a room combiner I would see the first four LEDs around the rotary dimly lit (positions 1 - 4). If I turn the rotary until #2 is white and then push in on the rotary , I will select source #2. Now all of the LEDs are dim red except #2 which is bright red to indicate the current source. If I turn the rotary again, I will see each of the LEDs turn white as I turn to that position. If I push the rotary in while #4 is white, I'll select source #4. If I turn the rotary all the way to the left so that NONE of the LEDs are white and then push in on the rotary, I will select the NONE source option on the source selector.

The BLU-8 was designed that way so that you could do 8 sources plus NONE.

Dan
  • Options
    GrahamGraham Posts: 27
    2. Text in room labels doesn't allow for line breaks. You can type multiple lines in the Properties, but the actual text block just shows one line with dual square character where the break is supposed to be. It's a minor inconvenience.

Because of the limited space, we chose to scroll the contents rather than split on to multiple lines.
This discussion has been closed.