Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

node address conflict with mistery device

Hi Everyone,

I'm having an alert message pop up from the london architecture. It said: 'One or more devices with the same node address(0x1AF8) have been detected on the network. You may choose to let HiQnet London Architect automatically solve the conflict(Yes), or you may choose to resolve the conflict manually(No)?'.

If i click on Yes, the alert box coming up again in a few second. If i click on No, the alert box disappear, however the system output page will keep coming up with \"Removing Node with Adress 0x1AF8, Object Address 0x000000. Device not removed because it does not exit\".

I try to look at the device list on the network, and found nothing related to the node address.

Anyone can tell me how i can solve this issue?

Many thanks

Comments

• Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    Here's what it sounds like:

You've caused DSP1 and DSP2 to both have the same HiQnet node address. When this happens, the second device to boot up with that node address will reboot itself. So, LA sees two devices with the same node address and asks you what to do about it. By the time you click on the dialog box, DSP2 has already started a reboot cycle and \"does not exist\"

The solution is to check your rack and figure out which device is your DSP2. It'll be the one rebooting itself. Once you've found it, you need to either manually change the HiQnet node address on that piece of hardware, or locate DSP1 and change that one. The HiQnet node address should be the same as the last 4 characters of the MAC address which is listed in the network window as the \"serial number\". For instance, the serial number on one of my devices is 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-0f-d4-00-03-9A so the default HiQnet node address for that device is 039A.

To change the HiQnet node address, select the device in the network window and click on the Device Settings icon. It's the 6th icon on the network window and looks like two gears. When that dialog box comes up, put the correct value in the address field and hit OK. After the device reboots (or the next time you load your design file), you will be presented with a dialog box asking if you want to maintain the node address of the device on the network. Click YES.

DO NOT PLAY WITH THE NODE ADDRESSES. You can create huge problems by incorrectly setting them. You should never change a HiQnet node address unless you know exactly what you're doing and there is a specific reason to change the address.

Dan
This discussion has been closed.