Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

BLU-100 Not Found on Network after changing IP address

All,
I received my new BLU-100 and anxiously connected it to my standalone 192.168.1.### network.
I also have the network connected to a DHCP server so I figured it would default to some unknown IP address since it does not have a front indicator to tell me the address.
I changed my primary network to see the BLU-100 and there it was just as anticipated.
I changed it's settings and here is where I think I might have messed up.
I changed it to 192.168.1.255 which may have some other network significance to which I am unaware.
Switching my computer back to the 192... network, I am able to see all of the other devices on the network:
(2) BLU-160
(23) BLU-120
however the BLU-100 is nowhere to be found.
Question 1) Is the IP address that I used a \"no no\"?
Question 2) How can I reset the BLU-100 to it's default settings (DHCP) so that I can see it again.
HELP ME

Comments

• Options
    GrahamGraham Posts: 27
    The IP address should be fine, unless it conflicts with something else on your network (such as the DHCP server).

If you are able to connect to the serial port on the BLU-100 you can use the London Configurator tool (available from 'Help' \\ 'Run Utility...' menu. In there you can adjust IP settings.

Graham
  • Options
    I was connecting to the system through our internal network. It is on a 10... network scheme, but does have a DHCP server for those numbers. Perhaps it is using that 192 address for some reason. I saw that IP address listed as troublesome on search engines.

BSS Tech support called back and let me know of the tool located in the Help file of London Architect. I simply entered the MAC address and changed the unit to 192.168.1.254 and it was discovered.

Thanks,
    Ken B.
  • Options
    Just FYI, an IP address with host address 255 or 0 is not allowed. Valid host addresses start from 1 and go up to 254.
  • Options
    GrahamGraham Posts: 27
    Yes, 255 is broadcast. London Architect may still be able to discover it (which mine did when I first tried this).
This discussion has been closed.