Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Omnidrive/Minidrive
Options

PC Control of a 355

I've had a 355 for many years now and recently found a need to start using it again. I want to use it as a simple crossover, and would like to try out current PC control of it.

I remember using the old SoundWeb. I'm seeing conflicting info.

Can I the London Architect to latch on to the 355?

Is it worth the effort since I've already dialed in the points manually?

Any suggestions on where to start would be appreciated.

fcb

Comments

• Options
    You cannot use London Architect to connect to and control an FDS-355. The software you require is called SoundBench and is available to download from the BSS website here: http://www.bssaudio.com/software.php?software=Soundbench&Submit=Go
    This application can be installed on Win98 or Win XP, however the serial port will only function with Win98.
    Since you have already configured your FDS-355 there is no real need to go to the trouble of installing Win98 unless you really think that it is necessary.
    It could be useful to install SoundBench on Win XP for the purposes of seeing the configuration of the FDS-355 represented graphically, which might assist you in programming the device, if only to make sure that you have not overlooked any of its parameters.
  • Options
    fcbfcb Posts: 3
    Great advice. I remember programming it before laptops were readily available, so it's not such a terrible thing. I don't have anything with Win98 on it.

Thank you for saving me lots of time!

fcb
This discussion has been closed.