Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Using N-Input Gains with Crestron Control

Does anyone know how (and if you can even) control the Master gain on an n-input gain using the crestron control module? I am using 4.2 and I can only control the gain of channels 1 and 2, but not the master gain, as it does not have an input #.

Comments

• Options
    Scott E.Scott E. Posts: 31
    The easiest is to use the \"BSS Soundweb London N-Gain 8-Channel BASIC\" module. This lets the user control up to 8 volumes/mutes and the master volume/mute from a single module. This module is included in the Crestron files that were downloaded from this site.
  • Options
    dednartsdednarts Posts: 1
    I know this is a late reply to this, but this can be done using the other Crestron module (not the basic). BSS serial code is 0 indexed, meaning if you want to control input 1 you send a command for input 0. The module deals with this by taking the input number you specify to control and subtracting 1 from it. When looking at the string given to you by the Soundweb London software, you will see the master gain is device hex 60, which is decimal 96. Because of the subtraction done in the Crestron module you have to specify input 97 on the module.
  • Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    \nstrand\ wrote:
    I know this is a late reply to this, but this can be done using the other Crestron module (not the basic). BSS serial code is 0 indexed, meaning if you want to control input 1 you send a command for input 0. The module deals with this by taking the input number you specify to control and subtracting 1 from it. When looking at the string given to you by the Soundweb London software, you will see the master gain is device hex 60, which is decimal 96. Because of the subtraction done in the Crestron module you have to specify input 97 on the module.

Yep... or you could do it the easy way which is using the 8-chan basic module. Just a thought.

Dan
  • Options
    Please note that you can control more than 8 channels using this module.
    Use the Chan_Offset$ input: for channels 1 to 8 use 0, for channels 9-16 use 1, etc..
This discussion has been closed.