Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Soundweb Original
Options

cant connect to rear RS232, front panel connects ok.

hi
so i can communicate no probs with my 9088iis units from the front panel,
however i cant go online from the rear rs232 port.
i have named the devices with \"+s\" as required,
\"AV ROOM +s\" etc to be precise.
and uploaded the file from front panel, which all works perfectly.

im using a store bought null modem cable - pin outs are correct
ive tried different baud rates. - but still no joy.

any ideas?
thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    HARMAN_Jerome_KingHARMAN_Jerome_King Posts: 328
    edited May 2015
    Adding the \"+s\" or \"+f\" suffix will enable the device for 3rd party control and will disable the rear serial port for connection to a PC running Soundweb Designer.

If you wish to connect a PC running Soundweb Designer to the rear port then you will need to remove the suffix then reload the Configuration.

Once this is done, you can connect to the rear port with the Baud Rate set to 115200 in Soundweb Designer (VIEW menu> PREFERENCES> APPLICATION> COMMS)

Note:
    The front port connects to a PC at a Baud Rate of 38400.
    The rear port connects to a PC at a Baud Rate of 115200.
    You can only upload firmware through the front port.

Front panel cables are available from your BSS Audio dealer or distributor.
    Rear panel cables are Null Modem cables and are widely available.
  • Options
    mstechwamstechwa Posts: 10
    perfect - thanks for that
  • Options
    The only thing left to try is to build a cable and try the front 232 port. I read in my travels that perhaps if the units where being controlled by one of the aftermarket controllers that they wold be programmed to answer only the front port.

Today I took the units to work where we use a rs232 adapter to talk down the snake system to our XTA DSP's. This was to eliminate any potential problems concerning the adapter, OS, or PC. Everything worked like clockwork when talking to the XTA's. I fire up and connect the 9088's and Sound Designer can't find any units on the network. I went directly from the USB port through the adapter to the 9088ii's rear port