Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Analog Control Port Volume Subrange?

I have a venue with a BLU-100 running London Architect 3.10.R4 with a Soundweb 9012 controller assigned to a volume control.

I know how to set a subrange on an actual control for software control, but assigning the control port to that subranged volume control does not limit the control port range. It still scales from -∞ dB to +10 dB.

Is it possible to set an analog control port to only control a volume subrange?

Thank you

Edit
Solved my own question. Turns out setting a subrange on a Mono Gain does work with the Control Port. It was the subrange on the N-Gain object that did not work. I now have to replace my N-Gain objects with multiple Mono Gain objects and replace them. A little annoying but it's fine for a work around.

Comments

• Options
    There are 2 objects that allow true subranging:

Gain Mono
    Gain Timed

You might not have to delete all your N-Input Gains. The trick for subranging an N-Input Gain:

1. Add a Gain Mono (or Gain Timed) object. It doesn't need to be wired to anything
    2. Link the Gain Mono fader to the master fader on the N-Input Gain
    3. Subrange the Gain Mono
    4. Point the control system at the Gain Mono fader

Done.
  • Options
    Hi There...

I'm having a frustrating problem here.
    I've tried to link a mono gain fader subrange to a control port and no matter what I do the pot controls the whole range and ignores the subrange.

I've tried setting the subrange for both the fader and for the same fader on a custom control panel, and assigning either one of them to the control port gives the same result. I've even tried both two and three wire options with the same thing happening.

The subrange I'm using is from -20 to 0dB and I'm using LA V4.0 with a Blu 160.

Am I missing something obvious here.....

Edit....Was I missing Something obvious....Yes I was....

I've been sub ranging the fader of the object instead of the gain object itself.......all fixed now......