Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Architect to FDS366T problem

Just called BSS in Utah. Seems they are closed today and tomorrow for a ' state holiday'.

I have a BSS 366T with the most current firmware that I need to load Vertec settings into and the Vertec V4 settings only come from JBL as a BSS System Architect file. I have successfully done this before with our other FDS366Ts but this unit will not be recognized by the Architect software. In fact the Archtect software doesn't seem to even recognize the Com Port on the computer. Now this would seem pretty straight forward independent of the BSS software, just fix the com port issues right? Except that this same unit is recognized by the older BSS Soundbench 2 software on that same com port - it even identifies the current firmware revision. The firmware that this computer just installed on this FDS66T. What is different between Architect and SB2 that prevents Architect from recognizing the Com Port and how do I rectify this before 8 am Wednesday morning?

Comments

• Options
    In terms of communication with FDS devices, SB2 and LA are more or less the same.
    Make sure that the COM port is enabled in Tools/Application Preferences/Serial. Then restart LA.
    If the FDS is set MIDIMODE: PC PORT then LA should find it.
  • Options
    Enabling the com port solved the problem. Thanks.