Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Trouble linking items to mirror control

It's been awhile since I've built a London file. So forgive me if I've overlooked something simple. I still feel like I'm in very foreign territory.

I'm attempting to create a link to multiple items, not all at once.
I need to create a way to link all of my delays in a line source array so that base values can be sent to the entire array without changing 12 different values.

Same goes for a series of Parametric EQ's, and gain modules.

I need a simple way to turn the link on and off.

Things I've messed around with that hasn't worked (or perhaps I did it wrong):
-Parameter Preset Group (to my understanding, this isn't what I want - I need to change multiple items at once, not recall a preset)
-Links (as far as I can tell, these only apply to the Custom panel controls - not to the config page)
-PC Control Groups (these look like what I need, unfortunately, I'm not having any luck getting them to work the way I want - 2 delays in a control group, [value changes to value of last changed parameter] using send inverted state and always send on)

I'm at a loss here. Worse case scenario, the gentleman tuning the room will just have to cope with adding values to each module. I'm just attempting to make it a little easier for him.

I can upload screen shots or even the london file if need be.

Thanks for anything you can shed light on.

~John

Comments

• Options
    I think what you are looking for is a Soft Link.
    An Exact Link will link controls in such a way that the Values are exactly the same. A Soft Link will link controls but the offset in Values is preserved.

Link the Delay objects and choose Soft Link. Now you can change the value of one Delay object and the others will change with the same offset.

You can turn Links on and off using a Link Button. Drag the Link from the Design Tree onto a Custom Control Panel. This produces a button which turns the Links on and off.

Instructions on how to Link objects are available in the following resources:
    1) The London Architect Help File (search for \"links\")
    2) Application Guide \"How do I Link Controls?\" (from this web site)
    3) Training Modules \"Linking\" (from the BSS Audio website)
    4) Training Videos \"Linking\" (from the BSS Audio website)