Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Soundweb Original
Options

9088iis Mixed Questions

Hi everyone.

I've got a few questions regarding some 9088iis units I tend to from time to time :

* I presume on units with 9016 video switchers connected (to the rear serial port) that the front serial port can safely be used for updating the design? I don't see notes about them being exclusive.

* I've been given a design backup file from another tech who designed the system - I suspect it is several revisions (designs) old. Given there is no way (I know of) to extract a design from an operating unit is there any way to compare (checksum?) the operating / backup design?

* I have another unit that seems to lose its mind every now and then - outputs are mute - rebooting has no effect. Re uploading the design is the only fix. Anything I should be looking at or is this just age?

Thanks, Anton.

Comments

• Options
    David BDavid B Posts: 14
    Hey Anton,

Indeed, connection with a PC to the front port when a 9016 is connected on the rear will allow PC connection for loading designs.
    No way to know what version is currently running, and no way to extract that design from the device.
    Suspect your other unit has something in the design that causes it to mute, unlikely that it would just mute by itself. Maybe a parameter preset being recalled, or something connected to the control ports triggering a mute. Build a new design, and load that and see if it mutes then.

David.