Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Moving items from one processor to another

Hello everyone,

I recently added an additional Blu-160 and Blu-120 to my current setup to accommodate adding another room to my system. I'm basically maxed out on processing with my current Blu and I'm maxed on logic. So I'd like to move some of the existing programming and logic to the new Blu-160. Is there a way to do this without losing all my control links, parameter presets, etc?

-David

Comments

• Options
    HARMAN_Jerome_KingHARMAN_Jerome_King Posts: 328
    edited October 2012
    First, I wouldn't be concerned about maxing out the Logic. In most cases you can go way over 100%. When it gets to 4000% then it might be time to worry. (It really depends on what the Logic is doing; Device Monitors, Logic Comparators associated to Meters, Logic Pulses will use more processing power, but it won't appear to use many resources. To see how much your Logic Config is really using, look at the CPU meter on the Default Control Panel)

There is a way to move objects from one device to another which preserves Custom Control Panel associations. (Not Links nor Parameter Presets)
    Select the objects you wish to move. Then use CUT.
    Now switch to the other device and use PASTE SPECIAL from the Edit menu.
  • Options
    Another tool to keep in mind Tools->London Device Conversion. This preserves nearly everything. Panels, links, presets, logic, audio, etc.
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 37
    An additional question regarding Device Conversion; does it preserve the object id's? Keeping external control intact..

/Chris
  • Options
    The Node Address and Processing object IDs are preserved, however the IDs of the I/O blocks might change if the the device you are converting to has a different card configuration. e.g. converting from a BLU-160 8x8 to a BLU-100

BLU-160 8x8
    Input Card A ID 1
    Input Card B ID 2
    Output Card C ID 3
    Output Card D ID 4

BLU-100
    Input Card A ID 1
    Input Card B ID 2
    Input Card C ID 3
    Output Card D ID 4
    Output Card E ID 5

So the IDs of the parameters in the I/O cards like Meters and Mutes in the would be different.

It's a small price to pay when compared to using Paste Special and having to redo all your Parameter Presets, and you'd have to redo them in the same order to recreate the same Preset IDs - that's a challenge! :-)