Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

blu 100 - blu link tx not transmiting

hello
i use the blu-100 - only one box
i try to take some sigal from the input card and put it to bus.
in the bus the meter show that he get the signal and all ok
but when i open the bus (blu link rx) it not getig any signal at all.
in the channel assignment all loks good (blue - vaild)
please help.

Comments

• Options
    You use one Blu-100 box only- that means no BluBOBs, correct?
    So you send audio to BluLink TX and try to pick it up on Blu Link RX in the same box?
    I guess it would work if you plugged a single CAT6 cable in both BluLink ports on the Blu-100 box, but why would you attempt that?
  • Options
    thanks alot !!!
    i did it and it works
  • Options
    yonatan, the question still remains:

Why are you trying to send audio from a BLU link output port directly to a BLU link input port on the same physical device?

I have 3 guesses:

1) Maybe you're trying to move a signal visually from one part of your design to another part of the design within the same BLU-100, without having to draw a long wire. Don't use BLU link to do that--you're just creating the possibility of someone killing the signal by physically removing the BLU link cable. Use a Wire Tag instead.

2) Maybe you're just testing to verify that the BLU link ports work correctly on your BLU-100?

3) Heck, maybe you're TRYING to give someone the ability to manually kill the audio by physically removing the BLU link cable.

Unless you're simply testing the BLU link ports or intentionally creating a (very strange) manual audio mute mechanism, there's no value in doing what you're doing.
  • Options
    iam workink on a project with cople of bss box's
    its a simultany translation sceam for TV staition
    we creating 12 live translation booth with recording and web streaming of every lengwitch.
    we want to tast one booth with blu 100 but that it be part of the big sceam
    and the big sceam based on link rx & tx
    i just didnt knew that it works like it.
    but for your qwestion.. i prefare draw the project very nice without long cables and with out cable that cross one another
    the cat6 cable is only link and it inside the rack so i not afraid that someone will remove it.
    thanks guys.
    sorry for my english
  • Options
    i prefare draw the project very nice without long cables and with out cable that cross one another

As Kevin said, there is a good way to do it without using BluLink.
    Insert a wire tag (right click on empty space, Insert> Wire Tag).
    You can make the wire tag one or more channels in its properties. Much cleaner and safe- fewer things can go wrong that way.
  • Options
    with the wire tag i can transfar sound from place A to place B without cable ?
    for exemple...
    source > wire tag (no cable) wire tag > source
    and this will work only inside one box...without the cat6 cable
    and if i use more then 1 box i will need the cat6 ring and to use the link tx
    this is corect ?
  • Options
    That is correct. Look at wire tags as ends of an invisible cable. They work only inside one processor. For passing audio from one box to another you need BluLink.
  • Options
    OK
    that good to know !!
    can i pick the soure cople time in difrent places with the wire tag ?
    is the wire tag limited to nomber of use like the max 48 bus on a blu 100 ?
  • Options
    Anywhere you can make a connection from one block to another, you can also use a wire tag.
    You can also have multiple ends of the same starting wire tag. Just right click on the wire tag and select \"create an end tag\". Now you can send one signal to multiple destinations.
    No, there is no limit on the number of wire tags in a design.
  • Options
    is there a way to use a wire tag for serial, control and blu link?
  • Options
    If you're asking \"within the system view (red tab), is there a way to connect a wiretag to a serial port, control port, or BLU link port without seeing that connection turn red?\" the answer is \"no\". And frankly, I'm glad about that.

Prepare for rant :) ...

Connections to those ports are optional. The only reason you'd ever connect wires to those ports is to create an informative representation of the physical wires that exist in the real world. Wiretags are \"neat looking,\" but they're not very informative. So there's really no good reason to use them on those ports--or anywhere in the red tab, for that matter.

Generally speaking, wiretags should be used sparingly. I could make the \"prettiest\" and \"cleanest looking\" design in the world using nothing but wiretags. But that design would be nearly impossible for someone else to analyze and understand.

\"Functional/Informative/Easy-to-Analyze\" is infinitely more important than \"Pretty\" when it comes to design work--especially considering the fact that the customer almost never sees the wiring part of the design.

As someone who spends a lot of time troubleshooting other people's designs: please, everyone, use wiretags sparingly!

Ok, I'll stop ranting now :)