Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Control Panel

Hi Folks

I have a room combine going, when I combine / click the partition, I want to UNMUTE another source...If I link them then I get the opposite the Partition mutes the source...How can I inverse link them?

Comments

• Options
    All links dynamiclly created within the Room Combiner are EXACT links. For example, if 3 rooms have been combined, ALL 3 source mutes are either muted or UNmuted. This behavior is hardcoded into the Room Combine, and it cannot be changed. In other words, neither \"soft-linking\" nor \"radio linking\" of parameters is allowed in the Room Combiner. Why? Let's say you have 2 rooms, uncombined. In Room1, the BGM fader is at-40dB. In Room2, the BGM fader is at -0dB. Then you combine those rooms. If those fader were soft linked, you're potentially blowing-speakers/scaring-people in Room2 as someone in Room 1 tries to turn up the BGM so they can hear it. That's why.

But if you're simply trying to change the decision criteria for what gets muted/UNmuted at the moment combinations occur, then that's possible, to an extent.

By default, in the Room Combine object, when a combination is created, similar parameters will take on the most conservative value amongst each other. \"Muted\" is more conservative than \"unmuted\". For example, if 2 rooms' sources are UNmuted and another room's source is muted, all 3 rooms' sources will be muted when combined. But if all rooms are UNmuted before combining, they will all stay UNmuted after combining.

So it's not true that the Room Combine will ALWAYS cause something to mute, as you alluded to.

Why did we hardcode that behavior into the Room Combine object? To ensure that people in a remote room aren't startled by a sudden jump in audio. This is a very sensible and safe behavior, and I recommend NOT trying to work around it unless you completely understand the risk I just mentioned. If you understand that risk, and you still wish to potentially scare people, you can do so by either...

A) putting the Room Combine into \"Priority Partition\" mode. In this mode, instead of simply taking on the most conservative value, parameters take on the value of whichever room has the highest priority. For example, if Room1's source is UNmuted, and Room2's source is muted, they'll both be UNmuted when you combine them. This doesn't necessarily guarantee that everything always stays unmuted, but it's worth mentioning. You didn't explain WHY you're trying to do anything. Maybe my mentioning this will send you down the right path.

or

B) Building the following logic circuit:
    [Logic Source] --> [Preset Trigger]

Link the partition to the [Logic Source]. Configure the [Preset Trigger] to trigger a preset that unmutes the source. You might need to place a [Logic Delay] midstream to ensure the preset gets executed AFTER the Room Combine finishes changing the states of the various mutes.

Copy that logic circuit as many times (and create as many presets/preset groups) as needed. You'll probably also need to place a [Truth Table] midstream if you have a lot of rooms/partitions.