Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

dante and 96K

hello
i am working on a system with 806, 326,bib,bob and a dante MY cards for yamaha console's.
i have 2 systems that communicating by dante.
one system is the 806 that resiving analog chanalles and distributing to 3 yamaha mixers (two ls9 and one CL). the mixer have dante cards.
the second system is two blu 100, 106 and 326.
the two systems will share the channels by dante (326 to 806).
the first system is for live and p.a. and the second for broadcast and simultaneous translation.
i split the systems because i not want to work with one file.
all the dante equipment will connected trow switch.
i want to know about the 96Khz on the 806.
the 106 and the 326 is on 48khz.
can i put the 806 on 96khz ?
the 806 and the 326 can work if one is on 96 and the second on 48 ?
how much the 96khz improve the sound ?
it will work good with the yamaha cards ?
sorry for my English
thanks .

Comments

• Options
    can i put the 806 on 96khz ?
    Yes, 96kHz operation is supported.

i want to know about the 96Khz on the 806, the 100 and the 326 is on 48khz.
    The BLU-100 is not designed to run at 96k. You cannot connect BLU Link between the BLU-806 (96kHz) and the BLU-100 (48kHz). London Architect will prevent you from going online and will show the following message:

\"All devices in the BLU link network are not at the same sample rate. Check sample rate properties. You will not be able to go online until this is corrected\"

the 806 and the 326 can work if one is on 96 and the second on 48 ?
    The two devices must be at the same sample rate. London Architect will prevent you from going online and will show the message above.

It is possible to have some Dante devices at 48kHz and some at 96kHz on the same network, but you will not be able to send and receive Dante audio between them.
    A Dante card set to 96kHz can only receive audio at 96kHz. And the same applies for a card set to 48kHz.

how much the 96khz improve the sound ?
    You will probably not notice an improvement in your applications.

it will work good with the yamaha cards ?
    Yes.
  • Options
    yonatan01yonatan01 Posts: 14
    thank.
    about the dante...
    how much mbps the dante will take from a gigabit switch if i working in 48khz and 64X64 channels ?
    the sys admin using the switch not only for the dante...
  • Options
    This question cannot be answered accurately without knowing how the channels are grouped together and the latency settings.

As a general guide, 64 channels from one device to another uses up around 85Mb/s at 48kHz and 1ms latency
  • Options
    Mishima01

Create presets to mute the required sections of the arrays, then drop these preset recalls onto the BLU-8 buttons.