Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

ios panels in system architect

hi there, I'm new to this forum and i seem to have got a bit stuck with my soundweb blu-80.

I've created a device file for my installation (2 rooms, 4 sources, all pretty simple) and intend to maker a control panel for an ipad for it. I've exported the device file to system architect, but i'm now completely lost as to how to make the control panel for it.

I've mad a panel, with 2 faders, source selects etc, but cant see how to link these controls to my device. I've searched for a tutorial with no luck. it looks so different to london architect, i'm wondering if i'm missing something obvious.

I can see my blu 80 device in the venue screen, i can even go online, but as to accessing the file to retrieve the necessary functions to link to my custom panel. i just dont see where i go?

This is probably really beginner stuff for you guys, but its driving me mad.

anyone got a link to a system architect tutorial or can anyone show me in simple steps how i create a panel for my london architect created device?

your help appreciated.

Rich

Comments

• Options
    In System Architect add a BLU-80. Right-click and select \"Open Device File\". Once you have opened the Device File, you should see all the BLU-80's parameters in the hierarchical folder list in the System Explorer. The audio processing objects are found in the \"Audio\" folder. Simply drag parameters from there onto your unassigned custom panel controls.

It is worth mentioning the alternative method to get LA parameters into SA which avoids using Device Files. In LA, right-click on a control and select \"Export to Clipboard\". Then in SA, right click on an unassigned control and select \"Import from Clipboard\".
  • Options
    I typical use the latter method described above. The first method works best if your design is 100% complete, but i always end up adding or removing something in London. I would caution against changing your London file too much after you start linking control to System Architect. It used to be a big issue, though I haven't been bit in a while.
  • Options
    A tutorial for using HiQnet Motion Control to create iOS panels on iPads/iPhones/iPod Touches can be found here:

http://archimedia.harman.com/en-US/support_downloads

It's at the bottom of the page, under \"Training Resources\"