Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

change file in online mode

hello
i have system with 806, 160, 100, some bib&bob...
if i need to make changes only in the 160 and save a new file to the system...
can i leave all the other blu's in online mode ?
the system is working as main matrix and prosses at big broadcast station, and every time that i need to make changes in one box i need to come at night and switch all the system to ofline.
thanks.
yoni

Comments

• Options
    Hi yoni

It depends on how your system is set up.

If the audio is passing through all (or some of) the devices, then you need to be careful, but if not, you can modify one device and when going back online be sure to RECEIVE from all the other devices. This way, the devices you are not modifying will not pause their operation.

But again - it depends on how it's set up.

Do you have a system diagram/overview/whatever?

Also I can't remember if the devices pause if you've selected to 'Save to device network'. I don't have a device next to me, so could somebody check that?
  • Options
    Jaknudsen,
    'Save to Device Network' does NOT cause BLU devices to 'pause' (aka 'stop passing audio'), nor does it change any parameter values running in the box.
  • Options
    Thanks for clearing that up Kevin!
  • Options
    so why when i loading a new file to the system (i updating some things that based on the file that running on the system).
    and when it do the loading it make drop to the sound for 10-30 seconded.
    so i not understand how you say that it should not make a drop ?

and one more thing that i need help... i have 8 pc's with different custom control panels that controlling the bss.
    so when i want to update the file and load a new file i must to switch all the pc's to offline. if not it not load's the file.

thanks.
  • Options
    File --> Save to Device Network.

\"Save to Device Network\" is different than \"loading\" (AKA \"going online\"). SaveToDeviceNetwork is a PURELY OPTIONAL exercise of saving the *.architect file to the BSS box, useful in situations where you want to give someone the ability to extract a *.architect file from a BSS box (this is done via File-->Open from Device Network). SaveToDeviceNetwork is functionally equivalent to saving your *.architect file onto a thumb drive, and then physically duct-taping that thumb drive to the box. SaveToDeviceNetwork has NO effect whatsoever on the actual audio processing occurring inside the BLU.

More than 1 control PC on your network... that feature isn't supported by BSS. Read Dan's comments on this thread: http://www.bssaudio.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=787&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
  • Options
    I have a fairly simple problem. We've utilised Soundweb for years, but We've never had to work with GPI. We've bought a client it may possibly apply to, but I am just fairly unfamiliar with it can be programs. They're trying to command simple functions just like raising & decreasing any monitor, turning on the projector and also DVD person, maybe changing room lights presets. Feel When i right throughout let's assume that these are generally functions which fit in the actual realm associated with GPI command?