Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Compatibility Blu-160 vs SI-Expression

Hi all,

although i tried the search function i did not find any useful information :(

I'm using a Blu-160 to route and process signals in a sports room (CD Players // Wireless Mics...). For some bigger events in that room I would like to use a Soundcraft SI Expression desk with a BSS BLU-Si BLU link option card to gather the signals from the processor and a Blu-BIB, and maybe output them again throught the Blu-160. (The Blu-Link CAT5 passes next to the position of the Desk, this would make this option convenient...)

Has someone tried this already? Does it work?

Thank you in advance,

Xav

Comments

• Options
    Yes, I have done this on a couple different installations. A couple notes

Using BLU-Link you don't have preamp control. So you are stuck with the input levels that are already settup in the 160 or BIB.

Make sure to have a coupler in place when the Expression is not in place. Remember, when properlly set up, BLU-Link is a ring.
  • Options
    Thank you for your reply,

The notes on the BLu-Si link card mention it has to be used as MASTER.
    Does this mean something specific for the BL-160 a setting or so?

Xavier
  • Options
    The notes on the BLu-Si link card mention it has to be used as MASTER. Does this mean something specific for the BL-160 a setting or so?
    This means that the BLU link card in the Si must be the BLU Link clock master. There is nothing to set in the BLU-160.

Remember, when properly set up, BLU-Link is a ring.
    BLU link works fine in a ring or in a line. You are not obligated to have a ring. The ring simply provides redundancy.
  • Options
    Thank you,

my BSS dealer will be hapy in a few days :)

Xavier
  • Options
    Hi, the desk is here, right now for testing I use a BIB.

somehow the card is not recognized in the channel setup, but the link is existing (acording to the LED from the RJ45 plugs).

Any idea?
  • Options
    I would contact Soundcraft tech support if you continue having difficulties.