Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Soundweb Original
Options

Serial Control of SW9088iis

Hi,

I am trying to get a simple control interface set up for my Soundweb 9088iis, pretty much just wanting a set of mutes for the inputs and outputs, as it is used as a speaker controller for my PA and is periodically used by people who freak out at the idea of much more than an ON button.... however the controls need to be a fair distance from the unit (at FOH with the Soundweb at stage) so the local IO is not sensible.

So this is probably me being really dumb, but I have downloaded the Serial Interface Kit document for the Soundweb original and am having problems getting my unit to respond to serial commands. I have decided to try the \"Soundweb message tool\" that is mentioned to check that I'm barking up the right tree, but cannot find it anywhere. Have I gone mad or does it not exist anywhere?

Any help would be gratefully received.

thank you

Simon Whitlock

Comments

• Options
    mstechwamstechwa Posts: 10
    late response - but i have the SW message tool if you need it.

i have SW running RS232 over wifi into a iphone/ android device, and used the SW tool extensively to get the required codes.
  • Options
    You could have contacted tech support and we would have provided you with all the tools and information you needed right away. Just something to bear in mind in future...

Simply fill in a tech support form on the SUPPORT page of the BSS Audio website to ask us something directly or contact your local distributor whom you can find in the Worldwide Distributors drop down box on the BUY page of the BSS Audio website.

PLease contact us if you need anything.
  • Options
    So this is probably me being really dumb, but I have downloaded the Serial Interface Kit document for the Soundweb original and am having problems getting my unit to respond to serial commands. I have decided to try the \"Soundweb message tool\" that is mentioned to check that I'm barking up the right tree, but cannot find it anywhere. Have I gone mad or does it not exist anywhere?
    :D:D
  • Options
    The Message Tool is included with the SDK download which you can get from the Soundweb Designer download page. Look for the link called: \"Serial Interface SDK\"
    http://bssaudio.com/en-US/softwares/soundweb-designer-v150-build68-windows-7