Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Hang up going online with LA

I've had an intermittent issue since LA V5 was released where LA will sometimes hang up when I attempt to go online after making a change to a design file. The system will just stall and I will have to kill LA via the task Mgr. which will tell me LA is waiting for a response from me. Search as I may there is no open response box visible in any window I can find anywhere. BSS tech support tells me they have heard of no one else experiencing this issue. I have experienced it on 3 different laptops and 2 other techs in my office have experienced it too. Has anyone else experienced it? FYI I'm running Win 7 Pro. It happens in both 64 and 32 bit OS.

Thanks
Charlie Tappa
Pro Sound Service.
Braintree, Ma

Comments

• Options
    2nd that - I notice it more on WinXP (32bit) than Win7.
    Have you tried disabling the firewall?
  • Options
    Yeah firewall is off, I've never had any luck connecting at all if the firewall is on. I'm at least glad to hear it's not just us. I just wish I'd stop forgetting to save my changes before I attempt to go back on line. It's damn frustrating to have to do them over again.

Cheers.

Charlie
  • Options
    It didn't take too many crashes to embed hitting Ctrl+S before going online!
    Direct cable connection or are you going through a switch?
    The other thing that appeared to make it more reliable is that I would refresh the network view before going back online. Maybe a time-out issue?
    Wish I could give more details and hardened facts, but it always seems to happen at an inopportune time - like in the field with the client standing next to you... :o
  • Options
    kevinzzkevinzz Posts: 35
    +1 sometimes this happens to me, and I can't see an obvious pattern. It hangs at the dialog of 'subscribing to devices', the bar cycles endlessly.

However sometimes if I let it sit for a few minutes (5 full minutes or so) it will finish going online. Can't figure it out. Learning the hard way to Ctrl+S...

LA 5.02 Win8