Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London

Crestron Module Master Gain with BLU160 over RS232

I am using a Pro2 and the \"Basic 8 Channel Gain\". I am trying to simply control the Master Gain and Master Mute of the N-input gain object but when I subscribe to receveve the ACK from the BLU RS232 on the Pro2. (I can see it in Crestron Toolbox) But I cannot get any feedback from the BLU and my commands to the BLU don't seem to do anything. Has any one had any luck with this?

Comments

• tpackertpacker Posts: 4
    I answered my own question, had the wrong Device Node and now it works but I am not getting feedback. So still not 100%

Using Basic 8 Channel gain

I DO get feedback on Crestron if I change volume from London Architect.
    I DO NOT get feedback on Crestron if I change the volume in Crestron touch panel.

I remember reading something about this somewhere that there was something that needed to change in the Crestron module but I don't know what it was.
  • tpackertpacker Posts: 4
    ok...so after another night of working on it I am closer but still not 100%. I did switch over to TCPIP but the only difference was pointing the output of the Crestron Node module to the TCPIP client instead of the RS232 Com port driver.

I can send and receive volume and mute parameters for the Master Gain on an N-Input Gain using the Crestron Module 4.2 for N-Input BASIC 8-channel gain.

The Volume is returned from the subscribe percent SV and the Mute is returned from the subscribe SV and the Crestron module correctly parses the data to show Mute and Volume bar graph.

Here is the problem:
    I do not receive the State variables back from the BLU unless I pulse the \"subscribe to SV %\" and \"subscribe to SV\" after each command is sent.

SO HOW DO I MAKE THAT AUTOMATIC???
  • kevinzzkevinzz Posts: 35
    I still am using the 4.0 modules and I leave the Subscribe digital input high.

I also don't count on the subscribe working reliably until the Crestron program settles down after booting. Then I latch the Subscribe line to high.

I run the Subscribe signal through an oscillator to push it low for a few seconds every 5 minutes, seems to keep the SV's in sync pretty well.

I think the 4.2 modules have discrete signals for Subscribe and Unsubscribe that should be pulsed, but the result should be the same. For whatever reason I found the 4.0 modules to be more reliable, but I have only had to do the Crestron end of the Soundweb control a handful of times.