Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Online transfer to AA

Hello!

My first design in London Architect. Im satisfied with the results, and the client happy.

I understand that we cannot as of now open london architect files in Audio Architect, what I was hoping to do was to load the file on the Blu-100, and then have AA recieve from network when online. This should work ?

I havnt succeeded. in AA, i have the option to save device file, when I right click on the Blu100 device, but the open device file option is grayed out.

Thank you for all assistance.

Best Regards,
Sidhu

Comments

• Options
    scott180scott180 Posts: 80
    When you save a file to a London device, what is really happening is a file transfer.

When you go online and operate the file, it is being complied and loaded into the part of the processor that is actively processing audio.

The file save part is a file transfer to a memory chunk on the unit and is not the same as the file location for the processed audio.

In other words, you could have an online operational file, with nothing stored on the device in the file transfer location.

So trying to save the file to the device with London and then trying to pull it off the device with Audio Architect is no different than saving the file to a USB memory stick and then trying to open that file in AA.

London devices have never allowed you to pull the compiled running software from the DSP chip. It is much the same way with Crestron and other systems. Unless you have the original source files, you can't get at it to modify it.

I've used London for years now and am working on my first project with DCi N series amps and London and am running into the same issue where I want to convert the london file to AA so I can modify settings in one piece of software.

I may have to manually recreate the file in AA.
  • Options
    sidhusidhu Posts: 14
    Thank you Scott!

If i understand correctly, I can however, send the file to the Device network, which is the original source file being saved on the london device, and later pull it from the device network to edit on another machine which did not have the original file available.

Is this correct ?

Thanks again.

Sidhu
  • Options
    Scott is correct. When you 'save a file to the device network' it is exactly the same process as you would use to manually save a copy of your design onto your desktop, or a USB drive or similar. You are not saving the complied code, just a copy of the file.

LA is offering you the opportunity of saving a copy on the network of devices, as a back up for your computer dying, or you forgetting to back up your files elsewhere or other such dilemma.

There is no facility to extract the complied code from a London device.

D
  • Options
    Of course, you can connect another PC running LA without the copy of the design, and use this instance of LA to 'file/open from device network', assuming of course that you or someone else had saved a copy on the device network in the first place.

If the file is password protected, then you'd need that to open it.

D
  • Options
    sidhusidhu Posts: 14
    Thank you gentlemen.

Much appreciated.

Sidhu