Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

win8 upload issues

Hello,
We have been using BSS audio products for a few years now(mainly 100’s) and have been designing in London Architect.
My new laptop is running win8 and will download a file from the network or connect to a device without problem, however if I choose to
send a new file to a device it seems to achieve this, however I will come up with an error saying the design was not saved to the network,
probably caused by a file that is too large.

Whilst there is a compiled version of my project on the device (passes audio and responds to commands from a crestron system), it does not save the uncompiled version.
When searching for designs on the network after a little time it says “error connecting to #devicename please check your firewall settings.” I have disabled the firewall settings
And will get the same error is I use any of our other computers that upload without issue.
Any ideas??

TIA...

Comments

• Options
    Hi Kurt
    There are a couple of things you could look at.

Your device (BLU-100) may have several designs already saved internally. You could try 'file/remove designs from network' and clear out any unneeded designs you (or someone else) may have saved to the device. You may also want to check that your LA is not set to automatically save a copy of the design on the network each time you go online. Check under 'application preferences' and see what is selected on the 'file'/ 'save to device network' pane. I'd be selecting either 'no' or 'prompt' in that dropdown.

Also- what file size is your design? A larger design will take longer to save on the device network. You may be able to reduce the size of your design significantly if you are using matrix routers/mixers and you have these set to have adjustable inputs/outputs. Right click any of these processing objects and see if 'convert to dynamic' is an option in the list. If so, perform the conversion on all matrix processing objects in your design, and save your design again. Note the size reduction, and the ensuing reduction in time it takes to save on the network of devices.

LA performs well under Windows 8, so I doubt that is the issue. You may want to check for any antivirus software on the machine that may be blocking LA comms.
  • Options
    kurtkurt Posts: 4
    Hi davidcbradshaw,

When removing files from the network the network utility says it cannot open \"Devicename\" from network.

Design is a small file with no user defined pages due to control via crestron that uploads from another pc without problems.

Also I believe I have the same issue in AA.

It will download device file if it is put in there from another pc.
    It is unable to store the file to the device network.

firewall off
    uac off
    antivirus = AVG free
  • Options
    kurtkurt Posts: 4
    SOLVED!!!

The problem appears to have been AVGFree even though the free version does not have a firewall it seems to have been the culprit...