Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Getting back into a BLU-100

How does one get BACK INTO a BLU-100 that may or may not have had changes made that would differ from the file one has on ones laptop??

I do service calls occasionally, on systems my company and perhaps others have installed. Have been tasked recently to \"Check\" processing map in a processor. The only file I have for this is almost a year old, and I KNOW other fingers have been involved. When I attempt to go online, I am prompted to LOAD the file I have, which would undo any changes that have been made.
I don't want to overwrite the file loaded in the BLU-100 now, I just want to see what has changed, or what could perhaps be done differently. I find it difficult to accept that these units cannot be \"explored\" by competent install/tech/ and-or service personnel. :shock:
If anyone has a work around, it would help. I must say that the BLU-100 and associated in/out expanders and the BLU-10 seem rather intuitive and user friendly :D

Comments

• Options
    If you are prompted to load the Configuration then it must differ from the Configuration running in the device. The Configuration in these devices cannot be \"explored\" without the correct Design File open in London Architect. There is no workaround. Simple file management is so easy, yet not many installers seem to do it...

Tip to all: Save a copy of the Design File and keep it on site. (you can password protect it if necessary using Design File Security)

1. Check to see if there is a Design File saved to the device using File/ Open from Device Network. If you are lucky the previous installer will have saved onto the device as a backup. (do not automatically assume that it was the one used to load the Configuration into the device - there is no way of telling that apart from trying to go online)

2. If the Design File you have contains a Configuration which is in any way similar to the one running in the device then you can try using System/ Get Current Parameter Values (see LA Help for more details) If the Configuration in the device matches the one in your Design File, then it will at least allow you to see the current parameter values.
    This will not solve the problem of having to Load the Configuration but it will at least give you an idea if your Design File is similar.