Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London

Projector control via RS232 with Blu100?

Is it possible to control a projector via RS232 with a Blu100 SoundWeb?

I can find information about control inputs and third party controllers for Blu100, but not the other way around, out of the Blu100...

Is it possible..?

Comments

• Yes, RS232 serial control of your projector should be possible.

You will need to determine what serial codes your projector requires to perform whatever function (s) it is that you require to control from the BLU-100.

Once you know this/these, use the 'serial trigger/table' processing object in the logic window to add this serial command into. The string can be in ASCII, HEX or Decimal. Activate the 'serial trigger' in your logic design with something, a logic source would be a simple example, and off you go.

You will need to set the serial port settings to match whatever your projector is expecting- do this in properties for the BLU-100, set the baud rate and other serial properties from there.

Search for 'serial trigger' in the help file of London Architect- it is all detailed in there. The help file is rather good.

The same procedure can be applied for control of 3rd party equipment via the Ethernet network connection, with the addition of directing the Ethernet trigger/table to the appropriate receiving IP address and driving the 'connect' input on the Ethernet trigger/table' high.

Very handy.
  • Thanks a lot for the answer. The project has lying still for a while, but know i am back on it :) I got it to work with a Optoma projector receiving HEX codes. But I cant get it to work with a Panasonic projektor who wants ASCII. Any ideas what to do...?
  • I would guess that the commands for the Panasonic projector have Carriage Returns (CR) in them. If this is the case then simply show the message in Hex format and add a 0D at the end. (OD is Hex for Carriage Return)

SerialTrigger.png

Also worth checking the projector's user manual. It should gives details on the Baud Rate and pins of the serial port.

Soundweb London serial port is wired as below:
    SounwebSerialPinout.png
  • Wiring by the manual for a projector to a PC:
    Straight wiring.
    2-2
    3-3
    5-5
    7-7
    8-8
    The rest NC

I can get it work with a Optoma projector using following twisting wiring:
    2-3
    3-2
    5-5
    And HEX string 7E 30 30 30 30 20 31 0D
  • So the wiring might be right in this case - (straight)

And the BAUD is set to 19200 as in the Panasonic manual.
    I have done that in the Main - Properties, for the BLU100
  • It is a little bit though this one... ;)
    This is the manual for the projector, serial starts at page 103.
    Maybe I can get some help to be shure that I use the right string...
    I have only tried with PON - Power On command.

http://www.panasonic.com/business/projectors/pdf/PT-EZ570U_operating_instructions.pdf
  • s there a way to select a control panel page (one of the sub pages on a control panel) using logic? I need to load a sub page based on the state of 2 different source selectors.

One of the source selectors is the audio source (console, tie line, blu-ray, etc) and the other is the monitor format (7.1, 5.1, Imax, etc) and I would like part of my control panel to switch to the correct set of trims and output meters for that combination.

If I just go with 1 source select, I can use a multi button to switch the source and switch the control panel page at the same time, but since there are 2 selectors involved, I need some sort of logic. ?????
  • Yes, Venue Presets are able to open Custom Control Panel pages. The Preset Trigger in the Logic configuration will be able to recall Venue Presets.