Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

bose speakers & crown amps

Hello everybody,

I have to apologize for my englisch. Englisch is not my native language.
The challenge were i have to deal with is that i have 6 crown cti3000
amps connected via blu link to a blu-806. on the output of the amps
is the possibility to connect two different speaker brands. we have on that location a speaker sets from danley soundlab & bose. the problem is that for the best sound out of the bose speakers normaly you use a Bose DSP. This is because you have to correct the speaker shortcomings. But in our case this is not possible. did some of you guys did try this in the past. to use the blu processor for dsp Bose speakers?
And if you have do you have the settings for the eq?
otherwise i have to do it whit my ears.

kind regards,

Stefan Hollestelle

Comments

• Options
    CinchCinch Posts: 40
    not with crown Amps, but with soundweb London devices.
    I don't know exactly how much soundweb they have build into the amps, but it should be enough.
    As \"People\" sometimes say \"no highs no lows, that must be bose\" :lol: I would start with lowering the mid's. Then you should use an RTA and measure what you get from the Speakers (there are even good and cheap iPad apps and measuring mics around!) and finaly it has to Sound good to your ears. I can't emagine that it's rocket-sience what they have put into this Controller... so go for it ans give it a try!
  • Options
    The PIP-BLU card for Crown CTS 2 channel amplifiers has fairly limited DSP capability on it's own. Output limiters and input compressors, plus control and monitoring of levels ect.

The PIP -BLU can however receive up to 4 separate BLU-Link channels (in each amplifier these can be different channels), so from a speaker processing standpoint, all tuning would be performed in the BLU-806, then sent via BLU-link to the amplifiers.

BLU-link has of course 256 channels available to you at 48kHz, so you can send a separate processed channel to each of your 6 CTS amplifiers- 12 channels all up.

You can also use the analogue inputs on the rear of the amplifiers PIP-BLU card to send line level audio back onto BLU-link and pick it up back at the BLU-806. Saves you input cards on the 806, assuming your inputs are not requiring a preamp- the PIP-BLU has no preamps.

Good luck on tuning your speakers! :D